Espn First Take - Patriots Should Be Worried About The Jets ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RubenDias, Jul 22, 2014.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

this guys are not really aware of what they are talking lol.

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Skip talking about Kyle Wilson taking over Cro's spot... These guys don't have a clue... Buffalo's defense better than the Jets???? Wow.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This show is still on the air?

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Brought to you by the great mind that was sure Tebow was a Hall of Famer...

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

2 more days until the first practice.

Sundayjack likes this.
  6. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

IT HAS BEGUN!!
    Rookie's report today

7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

When I look for insight on sports I look for Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayliss...and ESPN.

NoodleArm likes this.
  8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I watched this show every single morning for years.

Back when it was Cold Pizza it was so good, when they switched to First Take it was still a really good show while they had Dana Jacobson and Jay Crawford. The two aforementioned anchors balanced out the crazy over the top yet entertaining personality of Skip Bayless, and the constant rotation of debaters (usually ESPN writers/journalist) kept it fresh.

Then every Wednesday they started having Stephen A. Smith come on the show which turned a good sports themed media debate into an episode of Maury Povich. So I stopped watching on Wednesdays.

Now Stephen A.sinine asiten asieleven Smith is the costar and it's taken on this circus mentality with the timid voiced Cari Champion who seems to have no sports knowledge outside of whats being scrolled across the teleprompter as the mediator. I really tried hard to watch the first year they were teamed up but I couldn't force myself to do it any longer and have avoided FT ever since now.

The 1985er and BeastBeach like this.
  9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I think they were spot on with just about everything they said.

LWC611 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Bayless: "I still think New England will win two close games against the Jets home and away..."
    S.A. Smith: You keep saying that then they blow 'em out ONE game like they always blow 'em out one game"
    Bayless: "Well that's Geno's fault the 1st game right?...."

2013: 13-10; 30-27.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im actually feeling fairly optimistic as we get closer this season. I believe the Patriots have gotten better though, they clearly did, hopefully it doesnt translate to as many wins though.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lol fuckin idiots.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Patriots have a surprise 8-8/9-7 type season in them really soon. That'll be the year too late on Tom Brady season. Then we'll find out if they can replace him and be a decent team or if they will be like every other dynasty with the exception of the 70's Cowboys and the 80's 49ers and go into decline when the QB goes.

If Garoppolo is Danny White then they have a chance. Doesn't have to be a great QB, just a good one.

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

One thing that was really accurate was when Stephen A. said that Rex gets too caught up in the matchups with the Patriots which is bad because they only play twice a year. I never really realized how true that was, I know that divisional games "count twice" but Rex always puts so much stock into those games, it's like the entire season is built on winning those.

Big Blocker likes this.
  15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yep. Back when it was Skip vs Woody Paige, Skip actually knew his shit and Woody was the off the wall character. After he left, Skip realized he had to say crazy shit to get viewers and it was all downhill from there. Now he is full on blatant troll

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Other than the reference Bayless made to Wilson, implying he would start at corner, and a lack of clarity on the games with NE last year, I don't think anything either said was wrong in terms of facts. As for opinions, Smith is higher on Buffalo than Bayless, and spoke more to the issue of Rex touting his team when he's not got as good a one as he did in 09 and 10. Bayless said by comparison that the Jets look better than this time last year, and that is what Rex's optimism is based on. Imo pretty non-controversial stuff.

Where I would think those here inclined to excessive optimism would object is in questioning Rex for saying that NE should worry more about the Jets than vice versa. Well I question Rex for that, certainly if one thinks it amounts to anything in the way of a prediction. Hey it's one thing to say "We will be in it, and are going to play hard and hope to win the division." It's another to say in effect objectively speaking we are the better team.

Given the context of what Rex said, I think it was some combination of being frustrated with NE's dominance and what he considers a reasonable optimism about the Jets right now. It's not hard to understand, but I personally wish he had not said that.

The best thing said was by Bayless, that if the Jets really want to challenge NE this year, they should start Michael Vick. Absolutely.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Rex was asked the question is he worried about the Patriots? He said no we are worried about the Jets. Then he said they should be worried about us. What is crazy about that? The Jets have a lot more to worry about than the Patriots like making the playoffs and grooming a young QB.

The Patriots struggled against the jets last season and losing to the Jets can cause them to lose Home field advantage.

Nothing that Rex said is remotely controversial and to say he was bragging about his team is total misrepresentation of the quote. He did not say the Jets were better than the Patriots he did not say the Jets will sweep the Patriots he just said he was not worried about them and that maybe they should be worried about the Jets. Well, maybe they should.

LWC611 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Your right....it just media looking for something to talk about.

19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

We'll if you look at how inexperienced we were playing New England last year and the troubles we still gave Brady I can see why he's pumped to play them again.both teams were a bad call away from sweeping the other last year.if anybody knows how to work around a crazy good secondary it should be Rex and his run happy offense. I think we split again this year.. Two good games.

gustoonarmy likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

People still taking stock into what Rex says in public.