Can fans be patient with Idzik's approach?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Sep 1, 2014.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Where did that come from? Other than CB what position do you think we downgraded? And even that is marginal because Cro was poor last year.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

What the heck did you want him to do last offseason? Mr. T put us in cap hell and we had to go on the scrap heap for a Colon, and a Barnes. They were released guys who did not take a ridiculous commitment and because of that mindset, we got Dakota Dozier and Trevor Reilly, two guys we're hoping add something to this team depth wise and in Dozier's case, maybe soon step in at RG long term.

Oh 11th place. Wow that's terrible because its just 1 spot outside the top 10 lol.

But much of this board already labeled Geno Smith as a bust after a single season so I know patience is not for everyone.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

People want Claiborne because he was a former top pick, has been shuffled into different defenses practically every season in Dallas and because he's still young. That's not to say he's good or useful but I can see why people are debating to bring him in.

If Claiborne got released today, many teams, ranging from good to bad would want to bring him in and see if they got something.

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Look a few posts above, it hasn't.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Correct, Richardson got that honor.

All I am saying in post is that his grade might have been IMHO an A if not for the CB fiasco and some poor draft day decisions eg no WR selection, a burner like Lee, no wheeling and dealing for a Garappolo, a QB who would have truly pushed GS and given extra franchise insurance if , knock on wood, Geno flops.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I must be missing it...

7. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

The BEST response by far. Period, point blank

8. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Here , here!!!

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I'll give Rex credit. Defense is where he shines as a Coach

He also prepares a defensive scheme as good as Bellichek but like BB when draft day comes he is looking out for number one by insisting our TOP picks are defense eg Pryor. Yes, we got Amaro and some no name WRs but no trade ups for better players.

Someone has to remind the Jets that you can't just win on defense, which until lately has been the mantra.

10. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

Best post I've read in some time. Thank you.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i continue to be neutral with this regime. for some reason i dont have a good feeling about this year but that matters none. i like the extra cap cash and as long as we have that cushion we won't enter a several year long drought from here. there have been past examples of teams going 7-9/8-8 for a couple years and then lay an egg for whatever reason with a 4-12/5-11 stinker. and then come on the year after with a rousing 10/11 win season. not saying i fully expect this pattern to play out but we'll see. we should have a great feel as to whats gonna happen by the end of this 1st month.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rome was built in a day according to Jet fans. I personally like what Idzik is doing. He wants to field a team that can rush the passer and he wants his team to be physical and run the football. That's how you win SBs, not with All-Pro WRs and CBs.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why should fans be patient with Idzik? He has systematically destroyed the secondary in the two years he has been here and everyone knows a Ryan defense depends on good corner play but what the hell, right? Another 40 years doesn't matter.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Patience is not a virtue you can find in morons.

15. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He's had some hiccups, but overall I like what he's doing. I would love to go into the regular season with a bit more confidence in the CB's, but I'm happy Idzik didnt go out and be the flashy guy that signs all the FA's. I like the fact that he is building something. Even though he isnt doing a perfect job, I think the team has a clear direction for the first time in a while.

Remember when he was in Seattle in the early years of their rebuild, they had a ridiculous amount of roster turnover moves. I'm almost certain they numbered in the 100's. I have no problem looking at as many players as possible. Who knows, maybe we find that gem that other teams seem to find. Team is going to be incredibly young, and I'm pretty excited about that.

16. 101GangGreen101

LOL - people still believe this?

17. MachinaVerde

MachinaVerde New Member

I can be patient when I feel like there is competent leadership in place. I had no patience for Mike T. even though I enjoyed the "Trader Mike" aspect of how he did things occasionally. It was exciting but short-sighted. With Idzik I feel like we are on a positive arc and he is making pragmatic and measured moves. Personally I am all in on this approach.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  18. Don

The proof will be in the pudding as you are about to see.

Of course there are people here who will swear the Jets are a better team without Bell, Landry, Revis and Cromartie and signing washed up bums like Patterson was genius.

19. 101GangGreen101

Our front 7 is far better this season then any of the past Rex Ryan let Jet teams. The safety position is as deep and talented as it's ever been for the Jets.

Bell and Landry were trash and couldn't cover for shit. Landry hasn't done anything since he left the Jets. We are going to have a better pass-rush this yr, and I do believe we generate more TOs. If we give up more yards - who the hell cares? You can bend, but don't break.

20. Don

Nonsense and if our front seven still can't pressure the likes of Brady, Manning, Rivers and the rest and there is absolutely nothing to make anyone think they can then just watch what the results are.