Trade Advice...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by rmagedon, Sep 3, 2014.

1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Hey guys,

I got 3 QB's on my roster for trade bait. Tony Romo, Tom Brady and Andrew Luck. I am looking to move Tom Brady so I'm getting 2 offers.

My WRs are pretty weak. Megatron, Markus Wheaton, and Aaron Dobson. That's it.

So the offers are:
    Tom Brady for Wes "Poppin' Molly" Welker straight up.
    Or...
    Tom Brady for Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you lose in both of those deals. i would hold brady and see if you can get mathews and benjamin for luck.
    than start brady, megatron,benjamin,dobson.

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I actually think Luck is gonna have a better year than Brady because of rushing TDs and yds on the ground. My point is, will Welker have a better season than Benjamin (even with the 4 game suspension)? Or, will Benjamin outscore Welker being the only threat on that Panthers offense?

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i would say benjamin but get mathews too.

5. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

You win out in either deal. In my opinion, Brady is likely your 3rd string QB, and may never actually start for you. The fact that you can get a player that you'd actually start most weeks in return is worth it.

Welker has the highest upside when he returns. I typically recommend rolling the dice and taking the better player in the better offense, even if you can only expect him to play 8-12 games. However, given your lack of WR depth, Benjamin may be a worthy gamble as a weekly starter.

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Benjamin AND Matthews for Brady?

Run up to the dais.

Matthews is going to play and right away and in that hurry up offense he may see a bunch of targets every week.

_

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I have aron Rodgers and Phil RIvers. My RBs suck with Gore and a hurt Ryan Matthews----I put Rodgers on the trade block to see what offers Id get and I got Rodgers for Jamaal Charles and brandin cooks...I already have d Thomas, JEFFREY AND EDELMAN AS MY wrs ( 3 WR LEAGUE)).......WOULD YOU DO IT?

High ankle sprain for Charles? fuck that

#7 jonnyd, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I personally would take that deal all the way jonny. The season is a marathon and Charles will be healthy eventually., like in possibly even a couple weeks. Rodgers isn't that much more valuable than Phillip Rivers to begin with anyway.

Jaamal Charles on the other hand could be a game changer for you. You would be taking a slight risk but if Charles is healthy by even midseason your team would be incredible. It's a risk but that's how championships are won with moves like this.

#8 BrowningNagle, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  9. BrowningNagle

I have a different, interesting offer that I would like to get you expert's opinions on:

I was offered Desean Jackson, Darren McFadden & Adrian Peterson (I know) FOR Arian Foster.

now I know Peterson probably doesn't play this season but what if he does? that's a fleecing for me. If he doesn't the offer is probably better for him but I have concerns myself about how Foster will hold up for the whole year anyway. What do you think? Is McFadden such a JAG that the deal is dumb for me?

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The high ankle sprain is worrisome. Cooks and another top RB would be tempting though. Especially if it's a 3 WR and a flex, you could add the other WR you pick up to the flex. I probably would keep Rodgers just because I haven't looked into the Charles' injury yet.

I think McFadden is useless for fantasy. DeSean without RGIII throwing to him, si that good or bad? Will Cousins force him the ball or will the Redskins run more and not air it out as much for the big plays.

I would keep Foster but let people know he is on the trading block.

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

This is basically DeSean for Foster.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I just dropped Jordan Matthews to the wire to pick up Donald brown. Bad move? (14 team start 3 WR. I have VJ, Wayne, Allen, Decker, Nicks)

Nicks is a waste of a bench spot for me. But I have Reggie Wayne. Keep nicks for the handcuff?

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Oak is very one-dims team. They rely on the run a lot so opponents will stack the LOS. Plus McFadden is up there in years and isn't exactly know for his health.
    Basically, IMO, you're offered Jackson for Foster. If you'd be willing to make that 1 on 1 trade, then go for it.
    Re AP, I don't like "maybe" in the fantasy. The idea is to get as close to steady production with occasional stellar performances as possible. To me, "maybe" doesn't come into this equation. I don't want to hope that a player will produce, I'd rather have steady 10 pts weekly.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Here's the trades I've made (first player is player I traded away second is what I got)

14 team standard redraft:

Sanu for Keenan Allen, Kaepernick

10 team ppr (took over someone's team after draft):

Alshon Jeffrey, Foster, Amendola for Keenan Allen, Le'veon Bell, and Phillip Rivers

Victor Cruz for Kendall Wright

Roddy White, Matt Asiata for Brandin Cooks

Dynasty league:
    Asiata and Donald Brown for Bishop Sankey

15. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

At this point, does Cam Newton have any trade value in a 12 team league? Start: 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def, 1 K.

I have Stafford & Newton. While Newton typically is a top 5 Fantasy QB every year, I don't see me ever sitting Stafford outside of a Buy week or injury. There are 4 teams with what I believe to be an ugly QB situation, 2 downright hideous. 3 teams are carrying 1 QB (Eli, McCown & Brady). 1 team has Kaepernick & Rothlisberger. The best waiver wire QBs are probably Palmer & Flacco. How much is a good QB worth in a trade? I know many feel anything outside of Peyton, Brees & Rodgers is interchangeable, but not if your relegated to starting Eli, McCown or Flacco.

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

If you feel like you have a hole somewhere I would offer deals to the teams that have Eli and McCown as their starters. You're giving them a solid starter that's a huge upgrade over their current one so you should get a solid player back. I wouldn't do it otherwise. Nothing wrong with keeping a good QB2 on your team. Season is long too, you don't have to make the trade right now.

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

that's the way I was leaning....how much more am I getting with Rodgers over Rivers....but Charles over gore or Matthews is huge

18. JStokes

I'm a FF noob so just looking at some of these trades are mindboggling.

I may have to start doing some digging around if AJ Green is out for any length of time. I've got DeAndre Hopkins backing him up but if another one of my WRs goes down I might be in trouble.

_

19. BrowningNagle

Team 1: Le'veon Bell & Reggie Wayne FOR Team 2: Dez Bryant & Rashad Jennings..

who is getting the better deal?

20. JStokes

Team 2 IMHO.

_