Give me your ideal mock draft Rds 1-4 and off-season signing

Discussion in 'Draft' started by rsc1589, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I for one like Ameer Abdullah at RB in the mid rounds.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

One of my favorite players, tough runner for a smaller back. I expect AA to to be a 2nd rd pick.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Amari Cooper had a great day.

Well spoken, intelligent, humble, great team player......the anti Harvin.

4. Ozymandias

I can agree with that. Would take him in the second or early third if he drops off a bit.

5. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

The best RB is the cheapest!

We need someone to compliment Ivory.

jtrain likes this.
  6. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

That's why from a value perspective if coop was available I'd trade down and draft kevin white while picking up an extra 1st next year and or multiple draft picks 2nd 3rd rounds etc. kevin white takes care of a need and we stack up on depth/starters for more positions.

My thought as well. I love the running back by committee approach vs The highly paid dominant rb. Fresher legs throughout the game and you can mix and match different skill sets with each of them I.e ivory (powerful dominant), sproles (lightening quick agile). You end up benefiting from a salary perspective as it cost less for the committee than it does for one dominant rb ie AP.

Looking at Gurley what is there not to like. Big, solid, fast, however I could break him up into 2 or 3 guys and end up paying less in the long run while benefiting from a lesser salary cap and the wear and tear on Gurley throughout the long season. Also from an injury perspective, if the highly paid rb goes out you are stuck with a significant portion of the Salary cap not being utilized. With a committee, if one of the rbs is injured, you can go out and get a guy that fits the mold and has the skill set of what the injured rb brings to the team while doing that at a minimum against the cap.

#86 jtrain, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    Turbocharged23 likes this.
  7. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

Round 1: Brandon Scherff
    Round 2: Dorial Green-Beckham
    Round 3: Cameron Sutton
    Round 4: A.J. Johnson

8. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

My ideal off season after week 7... Based on a mid round pick and Rex staying

Resign
    Damon Harrison - Must bring back
    Michael Vick - Hoyer, Cousins, Bradford are intriguing but I'm going to wait.
    Bilal Powell - Does everything we ask
    Jeremy Kerley - Only on a friendly deal, not as big of a need with Percy here
    Legar Douzable - Must bring back
    David Harris - Brought back if on a good deal
    Dawan Landry - Brought back if no replacement can be had
    Kendrick Ellis - Solid depth
    Greg Salas - Good #4/5

Let Go
    Kyle Wilson - Another disappointment
    Willie Colon - Time to Retire
    Bellore, Ijalana, Graham, ect..

Sign
    WR- If there is any chance to get a guy like Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Maclin, Michael Crabtree, or Randall Cobb I think you get one even with Percy and Decker. If not I like a guy like Cecil Shorts.
    OL - This is a must we need 2 guards now and a plan for 2 tackles down the road. Obviously the big name is Mike Iupati.
    OLB- Not sure how much Barnes/Pace have left in the tanks after this year. Rey Maualuga may be a good addition. Dwight Freeney and Lance Briggs are other old guys we could add to the nursing home.
    CB - This is a must we need 2-3 guys that can actually play. Revis would love to play where he has the most success under Rex but I don't see it happening. Get Cromartie back or maybe Tillman if he doesn't retire, while he may not fit Rex's defense the guys we currently have don't either. Chris Harris may be the biggest name but will Idzik pay him, I doubt it.
    FS - Another big need, Rahim Moore, Devin McCourty, Antrel Rolle, bunch of others possible.

Draft

Round 1 - If Mariotta is available you take him, if not Amari Cooper or Kevin White.
    Round 2/3- Have to go O-Line or CB
    Round 4-7 - FS,CB,OL

9. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

So you want to sign a high priced free agent WR, having three high paid WRs on our team and still go out and draft a first round WR

10. Ozymandias

Round one - depending on where we are trade back or OL (Ogbuehi, Scherff, Peat)

Round two - OLB/ILB Lorenzo Mauldin, Denzel Perryman, Bernardrick McKinney

Round three - OL/WR/secondary

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

No never said I did

12. BleedGreen4ever

So what did you say I'm confused

13. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

I think I have it now.......

Assuming we extend Percy at this salary, we will have room for 1 big FA, and some avg FA's, dont even want to get into the # but that's a guess,extend all the guys we need to. Only toss up is David Harris. Anyways, I say we snag a CB in FA, I like Brandon Flowers or Byron Maxwell. For this sake, lets say we get Maxwell (good cover CB).

Rd 1. (trade back to #20 ish) Grab OLB Vic Beasley....grab another rd 2.
    Rd2. Dorial Green Beckhan(WR) Mizzou
    Rd2 AJ Caan (G) South Carolina
    Rd3: Duke Johnson (rb) Miami
    Rd4: OL?

Geno
    Ivory/Johnson and Johnson ;)
    Decker, Harvin, Green Beckham, Kerley
    Amaro-Cumberland
    Brick, Caan, Mangold, Giacomini, ?

Sons of Anarchy
    Coples-harris-davis-Beasley
    Maxwell-pryor-allen-milner

14. Ozymandias

DGB would be a fool to come out in the draft.

If we traded back to the 20's to where we would have to get way more than a second. As it stands now we have a top 3 pick.

Maybe a 2016 first and second and 2015 second and third.

#94 Ozymandias, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'll do a 7 Round Mock in December. Here's my take to answer the The OP's thread.

It's difficult to predict signings (Free Agents), so I'm just doing a 4 round mock. My Prediction is Harvin will cost the Jets a 5th rd pick. The rumors of the pick between Rounds 2-4 are just speculation, many feel it's more likely 4-6. Conditional picks and the agreements aren't announced to the season is over, so nobody except the Seahawks and Jets and the NFL know for sure the parameters.

Rd 1) Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford - IMHO the best OT in this class, better than Ogbuehi.

Rd 2) Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn - Great numbers last season, not as productive this year due to more receivers in play for Auburn. Still a very solid receiver that could be avaialble at the top of Rd 2. Jets still need to address WR with Harvin and Kerley signing.

Rd 3) Alex Carter, CB, Stanford - Good size CB that has been solid in coverage. Smart player.

Rd 4) Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia - leading tackler in the SEC, very physical, and decent in coverage. I love David Harris, but his tenure is coming to a close.

Jets could sign a QB or also address QB in the Mid Rounds...Like a Garrett Grayson, Colorado State. IMHO, Geno is going to have 1 more year to make it, Idzik practically said so earlier in the week, or we could be drafting a Top QB in 2016.

#95 WW85, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    Ozymandias and Matty Jets like this.
  16. Matty Jets

I like your top 4. First of all, David Shaw and Stanford are a first-rate program so drafting Cardinals is a good thing. I like beefing up the OL in the first and going CB in the third. Second round the value looks to be with WRs.

I think we get to 5-7 wins and that would put us out of reach for guys like Gregory and Mariotta. Cooper and Gurley are not value. If we did a better job with UDFAs we could find a compliment to Ivory.

Re: Peat: just found this quote from Shaw from a July article on NFL.com:

"I don't know if there's been anybody else in our conference, in the last eight years, that is as good as Andrus Peat has been and can be. In my entire career, nine years in the NFL, the only offensive lineman that was a step above of where Andrus can be is Jonathan Ogden -- one of the best tackles to ever play," Shaw said Thursday at Pac-12 Media Days. "Besides that special, special player, he's the most talented I've ever been around.

"And he's still scratching the surface. He can be phenomenal. Hopefully we have him for two more years."

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I got no issue with that.

18. Ozymandias

Andrus Peat would be a fantastic pick.

19. BleedGreen4ever

This is assuming Percy Harvin works out and is on the Jets roster next year, so we lose a fourth round pick. We have some cap space to work with so I don't think this is out of the realm of possibility

Free Agency
    Mike Iupati- shores up our guard spot with a pro bowler and will take the place of Willie Colon, drastically improving our O line
    Byron Maxwell- comes in and immediately starts at corner
    Sam Bradford- All the talent in the world just can't stay healthy, battles with Geno in training camp for the starting job

Re-sign
    Damion Harrison- this is a must, either Wilkerson or Harrison need to be locked up this off season, could use first round tender but I'd like to lock him up long term
    David Harris- I have a feeling he will try Free Agency but if we can get him at a good price lock him up for a few years.
    Kendrick Ellis- solid depth signing
    Legar Douzable- another solid depth signing
    Greg Salas- solid wr option small contract
    Powell- quality player would like to see him on our team for a few years but may get better chance somewhere else

Let go
    Mike Vick
    Willie Colon
    CJ2K
    Kyle Wilson

Round 1 Todd Gurley RB Georgia- he is a once in a decade type talent and will do wonders for this team in the running game taking the pressure off our QB
    Round 2 Benardrick McKinny LB Mississippi State- Will be David Harris's replacement going forward
    Round 3 Jordan Jenkins DE/OLB Georgia- must instill some youth into our line backing core
    Round4 no pick due to Percy Harvin
    The rest of the draft go best player available at OT/WR/CB

After doing this the only real issue I have is a lack of an OT of the future but you can't get everything in one offseason D'brick will hold the fort for at least one more year (which he is more than capable of doing.)

20. Matty Jets

We don't need a RB! Ivory isn't good enough? I know he has to prove he can play a full season without getting hurt, but this is a passing league unless you have a dominant OL, and even with the Cowboys they have a top 3 WR.

I wouldn't be mad at Gurley as a fan of offense and star WRs/RBs but it's not the best move for the team. IDK, maybe it will be if we win 6 games and finish 12th or 13th overall.