2014 Around the League thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Yisman, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

head scratcher:

having escobar bunt, with aoki on deck (0/16 vs. Bumgarner)

2. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

The Royals are in trouble.

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The Royals have home-field yet being in the AL park is more of an advantage for the Giants at this point since they don't have to make a decision whether to pinch-hit for Bumgartner or not.

4. NYGalPal

Does Bumgarner finish this game?

5. NYJFan10

He has to, or at least he has to stay in there until someone gets on. Unless the Giants get a bunch of runs this inning and get him cold.

If he's not the unanimous WS MVP whoever votes for someone else should be disbarred from ever voting for the award again. That said, turns out this game was really decided cause Bochy had an even quicker hook for his vet starter than Yost, NONE of the relievers on either team have allowed crap other than one inherited run scoring.

6. NYGalPal

Bumgarner got me feeling really bad for the Royals. I was rooting for them. :(

7. NYGalPal

Would y'all have sent Gordon home?

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I would have, I thought he was scoring, my game is on delay and my friend who is at work texted me asking if a home run just happened so when that hit happened I thought it was an inside the park...

I need to see it again.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Happy for Panic who's from my hometown of Hopewell junction...=p

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Chris Maddog Russo's 2003 SF Giants Rant:

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Congrats to my boy Joe Panik...A fellow St Johns alum, 2nd player to ever win the World Series from St Johns...not to mention his excellent defensive play.

Btw, does anyone else think Gordon should have gone for the Inside The Park Home Run? He had it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giants botched so much there...2 guys messed up, it took a absolute LEGENDARY performance by Bumgarner to win this Series.

Honestly, WOW Bumgarner was so epic...A bright spot with pitchers in this supposed steroid-free era

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Watching Yost now post game. Too bad this guy, and the Royals had to lose. Great Series, and ya can't say enough about the Royals...

a valiant effort.

Now, on to the NHL, NBA, and College Football....The fucking Jets are unwatchable

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Excellent words from him...And honestly, the first thing that came to my mind in that interview is you can tell he is proud to see baseball back in Kansas City.

It's a big question, would you rather been the Florida Marlins and win one year and then sell off everyone and be shit for a long time? Or do you build a baseball franchise in a city eager to get back to rooting baseball during the summer every year?

Yost helped bring baseball back to KC...No one gave a shit before

14. Walt White

Just a classy guy and a great job. Two classy Managers, Teams, and Organizations. Great baseball this fall.

Good luck to Ned Yost. He would of been a worthy Champion

Poeman likes this.
  15. NYJFan10

Yes...whatever the percentages that Gordon would score (probably low) were still higher than the percentages of getting another hit off Bumgartner. If there was 0-1 outs absolutely not but with two **** it and dare them to make the play after they looked panicky and already misplayed it twice.

That said Gordon looked pretty slow going around the bases, I thought he was supposed to be a faster runner than he was on that play.

soxxx likes this.
  16. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Lots of sad faces here in Royals country.

17. Walt White

Gordon was dead to rights. The cut off man had the ball and started running the ball in when Gordon was at 3rd base. If he goes and is gunned down the other side of the argument goes viral

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Should have sent him home, watch this choppy video:

Pause at 49 seonds, at that very moment the left fielder was catching the ball and Gordon was running around third. It would have been a bang-bang play, but you are right, getting another hit off bumgarner would have been hard. But the whole sequence of events was surreal, because if by some chance the hitter had hit a HR it would have won the Royals the world series. Just a crazy-crazy series. Second best world series, the 2011 Cardinals-Rangers still takes the cake because that game 6 was the greatest game of all time.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Did anyone else see the Marlins fans doing that wierd hand stuff? he was acting like the emperor from star wars on every pitch:

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie