Help for a British fan

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by donkey, Apr 24, 2014.

1. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Morning all,

I'm hoping to visit NY just before Christmas, and take in the NE game.

Can anyone let me know the best place to get a ticket?

Also, given the flex scheduling, am I right in saying the game may only be moved to Sun 4-15, SNF, or maybe MNF?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

3. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Cheers Don. The tickets are electronic, so I guess I just show an email from stubhubat the gate? Has anyone else done this? Sorry for all the questions, this'll cost me a small fortune and I want to get it right!

Also, looking at the flex schedule page on nfl.com can I be safe in assuming the Pats game won't get shifted to the Saturday (or Thursday)?

Thanks again for all help.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

don't worry about tickets, they are easy to find for any game.

The day of the game will not be shifted, the time may be.

5. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Cheers Junc. I can't get to NY in time for a Saturday game, but if they move it on a Sunday I can cope with that.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If you pay for E-tickets then the tickets you print out will be good at the door. Although tickets are easy to find, just buy em on Stubhub, what would be worse than traveling across the ocean and not being able to get in?

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  7. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

That's very true...although watching Brady light up our secondary and then getting the train back to meet Mrs Donkey and trying not to let it ruin our holiday would be close! I reckon I will get my ticket early, just so I know I have one (although as Junc says, I should be Ok), better safe than sorry. Thanks for your help, chaps.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Right now the prices are off the wall.. I would wait until around July or August.. There will still be plenty of seats for that game available.. You might even be able to wait until after the season starts... The prices fluctuate weekly so keep checking and if you see a deal you like, go for it.

You are going to have a great time man... Enjoy!

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi Mr Donkey

What is your favorite soccer team? :)

Now on to your question. The game will be played on Sunday. No risk of Saturday or a Monday game. Sunday afternoon or Sunday night.

Don't buy your tickets just yet. Stubhub is the safest route to go. They have fan guarantee and if something happens and you can't get into the game, you get your money back. But I purchased from stubhub more than 20 times and I never had any problem.

Pricing is the key. Check stubhub regularly. Especially check more often a few weeks before the game. You will have an idea how much you should pay for your ticket. I have been luck enough to get great seats thru stubhub even on a Sunday morning for a Sunday 1 PM game. Sometimes people try to sell their tickets last minute and you can be lucky and buy a cheap ticket to a great section.

Cheers.

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

The game will definitely be Sunday. They can make it 1 pm, 4:05 pm, 4:15 pm, 4:25 pm or 8:30 pm on that day but it will only be Sunday so no worries it cannot be played on any other day. As far as tickets my advice is as follows:

1. If you plan on driving to the stadium when NFL ticket exchange opens up I would make sure I get my parking pass since the price of those can become insane. You can also take the train in from NYC if you are staying there.

2. As far as tickets how picky are you about your seats? There usually is a ticket on sale on ticketmaster before the season starts for upper deck tickets. If the Jets have a lousy season tickets for that game will be going for pennies on the dollar. Now if they do well that is another story. Either way I wouldn't buy this time of the year unless you see some great deal. Also follow these boards people sometimes discuss ticket prices and that can help you figure out when you should buy.

Also one more thing you can do electronic tickets which means you download them and print them off. They can't use your cell phone to swipe in so you would need paper tickets. You may also want hard tickets which are the actual ticket stubs. That way you have a souvenir. However having them shipped overseas could cost more. I have shipped tickets to foreign countries before from stubhub so it can be done on there at least.

11. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Cheers for all your advice. I'll just keep a watching brief for now...of course as this game will decide the AFC No 1 seed, I will need to secure a ticket!!

Oh, and Brooklyn, I support Swindon Town, just watched us lose 2-0 to Notts County...we were shite. We have had one American player, I think, Sefani Miglioranzi, many years ago now.

12. NickLJ

NickLJ Member

I went out to the New England game last year, also being from the UK. I had tickets from the ticket exchange, printed them off and they worked fine. Turned out to be a pretty good game to travel across for. Hopefully this years will be the same.

13. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Cheers Nick.

14. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

OK, phase two...which part of the stadium would be best to get tickets for. I guess I want to be amongst some loud, anti-Pats, Jets fans (I realise that should be all of the stadium), but my experience of English stadia is that there are some great places for atmosphere and some not. At the end of the day, simply being there will be awesome, but all advice gratefully received.

15. Brook!

Hi Mr. Donkey

2 difference between stadiums in UK and USA.

1) Opposing fans and home fans sit together here in USA.
    2) Though you are sure what section will have good atmosphere each game in Europe, there is no way of predicting the same for USA.

Forget about the atmosphere. Get tickets from the sunny side.

Sunny side of the stadium will help you deal with the cold. The side where Jets bench is the sunny side from end to end.

Good luck getting the tickets.

16. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Sunny side it is...not that I mind the cold (was in the Arctic Circle two winter's ago)...but a little bit of the sun's rays whilst watching us stuff the Pats will be nice. Cheers Brooklyn.

17. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Well, this thread now looks wildly optimistic. Still NY is a great city and thankfully there's a lot to do.

I've been over twice before, and would welcome any suggestions of things to see that are a little bit different than the usual.

And, yes, I'm still going to the match...I've been a Swindon Town fan for years....travelling hours for pointless defeat is kinda what I do...

18. Brook!

Hey donkey

Swindon Town eh? :) I am a Galatasaray fan myself. I am used to championships and glories but with the Jets, I am paying my taxes on championships I saw with Galatasaray. I know British don't like my team due to incidents with Leeds and Arsenal in the past.

Now, when was the last time you came to New York? That way, we can tell what changed and what didn't change. Have you been to 9/11 Memorial? If not, you should. Also did you walk on Brooklyn Bridge? From Brooklyn side to Manhattan side, it is quite a view.

19. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

We did the walk over Manhattan bridge and the Memorial is on the list. We've been up the Rock, toured Greenwich Village and the Alphabet streets. The wife wants to visit Radio City so that's ob there too. Done Ellis Island and the Statue of liberty, as well. Staten Island ferry has been mentioned, and as an old punk, I wanna see Rockaway beach!

20. Brook!

Donkey

Christmas time in NY is awesome. Go back to Rockefeller center and see the big Christmas tree for sure. You can also skate there if you are up to.

Did you guys watch any musicals in Broadway? Tickets are expensive but you should do one if you haven't done before.

How about museums? Go to Metropolitan Museum for sure. Guggenheim museum is also very close to Metropolitan.

Grand Central Train station on Park Ave and 45th street.

Also check Roosevelt Island Aerial Tram. For around 6 bucks, you will pass a great time.

If you are into Air Museums, go to Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.

Those are the few things that comes to my mind.