NFL Week 12

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Nov 20, 2014.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Tony Romo is a different player this year, I don't know if it's because of that back injury he had, making him more cautious overall, but damn.

He finally became the guy I didn't think he would. Gotta wonder if that will go away in the playoffs.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yep, I was there when we beat the Bengals and he got the Jets to 9-2, best record we had seen in awhile.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Who really knows what Maras plan is. I put blame on Jerry Reese, the guy is overrated. I never thought he really built that great of a team, it had more to do with Coughlin getting a lot out of them. The 2011 roster was not a Super Bowl roster.....it was a barely a 9 win team. (and should have been 8 if the refs make the correct call against the cardinals).

4. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Nice I remember Brad Smith playing a little more of a factor in that win.

Could almost say the same for today's game too.

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

In the NFC, if GB doesn't make it, I'm rooting for Dallas. I've Always thought Romo gets a bad rep.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Same, ive been defending Romo for years. The big elephant in the room is the Eagles and Sanchez, the moment Sanchez came in, it changed my rooting interest. I like Romo but Sanchez I like more. I hope both teams make the playoffs and they dont see each other until the NFC Championship...but thats not going to happen in all likelihood.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And if you put a gun to my head right now, I think the Cowboys have a better chance to go all the way to the Super Bowl than Philly. Philly's defense is atrocious, so unless they can manage to avoid Green Bay, they will get beat by them again.

Matter of fact, if Green Bay gets the #1 seed, I believe the ONLY team in the NFC that can go into Lambeau and beat them is the Dallas Cowboys. I give Arizona no chance, Saints no chance, Eagles no chance, Seattle little chance......and if the Packers did run into the 49ers (the team that has owned the Packers recently), I believe they would finally beat them.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The Ron Mexico Atlanta Falcons won in Lambeau

Some of the NFC contenders this year are clearly better than that team was.

Plus, I'd bet against GB getting the #1 seed. They're only 8-3

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yep, you are correct actually. Green Bay has to win out, even if Cardinals and Packers both end up at 12-4, AND the Cardinals have 3 NFC losses, the same amount as the Packers would have, the Cards still get the tiebreaker.

I guess things will get more clear after this week, because if Green Bay can knock off New England they would have a decent shot at closing the season out winning.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And if Rodgers had to go to Arizona, I would favor the Cardinals honestly. Rodgers has gotten owned by top defenses this year, Seattle made him look bad, Detroit made him look bad also. I think New England holds him down to next week.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Toon with a major boner

fails to get out of bounds

he absolutely could have

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

You know, it is entirely possible that in the NFC South a team with a record that based solely on their record would qualify for a top 10 draft pick and yet still make the Playoffs. (yes I know if a team makes the playoffs the best pick they can actually get is #20, I'm just talking about what the regular season record would have gotten.