17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

common man, people are seriously still using the word "invest" in reference top PSLs?? Glad it's not my money

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I now realized I used the wrong word. Invest is of course the wrong word. :)

3. GordonGecko

Christie is closing the IZOD center and cancelling all shows. He's transferring all the events to the Prudential Center where his buddy Jerry Jones now runs the concessions

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So now that I know who our new HC & GM are are U going to plunk down your hard earned bucks for PSLs? :mad:

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey champ. Most likely not this year. I want to see the draft and free agency first though. Still time to decide I guess but most likely I will skip PSL's and just buy upper deck ST's if I can find a decent seat.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i forgot champ even existed...

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm not shocked by this. I was hoping he'd go into diabetic shock and die in Green Bay last Sunday.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Speaking for myself,,,,,,this team could turn into the Green Bay Packers and I would not purchase a PSL. lets keep in mind that as of this moment we are light years from the Packers but hopefully on the right track!

9. alleycat9

im with you on that cbg. i have to think that the psl situation will probably never change in the nfl. once these greedy bastards get their teeth into you for money its really really hard for them to go backwards.

and enough people bought into the hype and bullshit that were all pretty much fucked at this point. luckily its still super easy to get tickets to even the best games right up through game time. hopefully that doesnt change and i dont really think that it will. i am confident that even if the jets are superbowl contenders it should still be a fairly easy ticket to get. i know i had no issue getting tickets for the steelers game, and neither did any of the steelers fans.

CBG likes this.
  10. GordonGecko

nyjunc and alleycat9 like this.
  11. no psls

no psls Banned

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

That would have been even worse. Double the costs since it would not be a shared stadium and prices would be horrible. As it is this stadium sucks and it's mostly because the owner wanted more luxury suites.

13. GordonGecko

I would take it over being the Giant's bitch for another 40 years, but especially for not having to schlep to the swamps of New Jersey, I would probably go to all the games if the Stadium were actually in NYC

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I live near MetLife so it's convenient in that regard for me, however Manhattan would have at least been a stadium with some personality to it - even if most of us couldn't afford tickets.

15. alleycat9

i dont know, i feel like it would have been a blah place with similar issues to the new stadium. only in manhattan and everything would be three times more expensive. it screams st louis, edward jones dome to me. just a big warehouse looking thing that sucks balls.

i would have much rather it be in queens or yonkers.

16. GordonGecko

Anybody catch the short squeeze on Super Bowl tickets? Usually the get in price is around $1K-$2K right before the game, so brokers pre-sell tickets weeks in advance at like $3-$4K and then buy them back at the lower price, the difference is their profit.

But this year, there pretty much were no tickets available to cover with. So the tickets rocketted to $4000 get in earlier this week, and brokers panicked and now they can't find anything for less than $8000 per ticket lol

They are totally fucked

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...icket-prices-rising-all-high-secondary-market
    http://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-t...iversity-of-phoenix-stadium-2-1-2015-9117285/

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. alleycat9

good, fuck em.

i always enjoy it when people try to play the system and it blows up in their face.

18. GordonGecko

except that most of them are just going to screw the buyers and did not make good on filling the order with just a refund. That doesn't help the people who spent hundreds/thousands on flights and hotels.

The sharks are swarming though:
    http://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...Claims-Against-Super-Bowl-Ticket-Brokers.html

19. alleycat9

brutal, same shit they do in the stock market, and its just as frustrating there.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we share the stadium w/ the Giants just as we likely would have in NYC.