Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Haha that is great. The "24" style countdown put it over the top for me

Inb4 patsfan: "He only spent 1 second or less deflating those balls in a 40 seconds span, I cry foouull!!"

#3041 Charlie Kelly, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Ball boy was probably an expert at this so he probably could do it in 25seconds.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  3. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

and take a piss at the same time.

4. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

More lulz!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/s...l?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid==tw-nytsports&_r=0

5. Charlie Kelly

Grogan be lurkin

6. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Yes, but going to bed... I see the circle jerk continues. lol

We'll see what happens, nothing has changed.

7. Charlie Kelly

Except the time it takes for you to deflate your load. Getting shorter each time. Bet.

FlaJet likes this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

poof

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahahaha well played Sir.

_

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don't think so. The rule doesn't require that the league prove how the balls became underinflated just that the team have the balls inflated to the proper PSI. The rule puts the responsibility on the team not the league. And if the league doesn't buy Belichicks bullshit temperature theory than the underinflated balls existing is evidence enough of the violation of the rule to hand down whatever punishment they like.

Kraft's demand made it worse for the Pats than better. You think the league enjoys being shown up by an owner, especially in a situation where they may not buy the story. That was a clear bullying tactic to influence the league, and was Kraft Hail Mary-ing his only play to save the pats and his own reputation because he's going down with the ship too. If they are busted for this than he isn't a great owner who has built a dynasty, he is the owner that was complicit in a culture of cheating. He knows this and wants to force the league to back off, it's the only option he has. The other alternative is his reputation being destroyed.

12. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Boy Grogan surely is taking up the fight that cheaters and cheating is honorable :rolleyes:

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol!

14. felker

felker Active Member

Neil degrasse Tyson has retracted his comments about Belichick's theory.

He made the same calculation error that I pointed out in rammagen's calculation. I was also one of the many who also pointed it out to Neil. Hopefully Bill Nye will also soon realize his mistake and retract his comments.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/28/neil-degrasse-tyson-wrong-deflategate_n_6560340.html

#3054 felker, Jan 28, 2015
  15. JetBlue

I don't believe that us what he is doing; he is arguing they haven't cheated.

The problem is he has the responsibility backwards. The league doesn't have to prove who and how; the evidence of the balls themselves violate the rule and is punishable. The league is being more than fair to the Patriots by investigating how and why in an attempt to not punish them because maybe it was just a fluke.

It's the patriots who have to prove it wasn't deliberate, not the other way around, to counter the factual evidence of the balls which are punishable in and of themselves.

That's why robert krafts demand was asinine and should harm how the league punishes them. The investigation is to the patriots benefit because it is the only course of action that can offset the evidence of the balls. Why would the league owe them an apology for trying to help them? If the league wanted to just punish them unjustly they could do so without any investigation.

All this talk of PSI on the pats part is ridiculous. If their theory is correct it is an easily replicated phenomenon. Why haven't the pats simply repeated the conditions the balls were inflated at and the conditions and duration of the game to see if the balls reduce in PSI in that timeframe? You don't raise the theory as a defense, you prove it through experimentation.

If the pats haven't done so to clear their name than they aren't interested in it or know it us bullshit and are just hoping nobody else figures it out.

joe likes this.
  16. JetBlue

Why haven't the pats simply replicated the conditions of the balls to prove the theory if it is the reason? Problem solved and issue gone.

17. Burning Elvii

I am with you...... they can't replicate it because their claim is bogus. Even if this scientist walked back his comments on hot air 125F to 90F, BB stood at the podium and said vehemently that they didn't use any heated air to inflate the balls, no outside heating agent except for the rubbing of the balls. His exact words. I doubt highly that the locker room was 90F on a 50 degree day. 71-75 perhaps....or he's lying about using heat.

"Now, we all know that air pressure is a function of the atmospheric conditions. It’s a function of that. If there’s activity in the football relative to the rubbing process, I think that explains why when we gave them to the officials and the officials put it at, let’s say 12.5, if that’s in fact what they did, that once the football reached its equilibrium state, it probably was closer to 11.5. But again, that’s just our measurements. We can’t speak specifically to what happened because we have no way of touching the footballs other than once the officials have them we don’t touch them except for when we play with them in the game. But it’s similar to the concept of when you get into your car and the light comes on and it says, ‘Low tire pressure,’ because the car has been sitting in the driveway outside overnight and you start it up and you start driving it and the light goes off. It’s a similar concept to that."

"The atmospheric conditions, as well as the true equilibrium of the football is critical to the measurement. At no time were any of our footballs prepared anywhere other than in the locker room or in an area very close to that – never in a heated room or heated condition. That has absolutely never taken place to anyone’s knowledge or anyone’s recollection. That just didn’t happen."

"Q: Is there one thing that you did that caused it to raise 1.5 PSI? Did you put it in front of the heater? Did you put it in dryers? Do you know what it was?

BB: No, it was never put in front of a heater. I just said that.

Q: No, I’m talking about whatever you do to get the texture right that causes it to rise.

BB: You rub it. You try to get the texture the way the quarterback wants it.

Q: I’m just trying to establish what it was that made it rise.

BB: I just said that and I said that at no time was the football ever put in any type of heated environment.

Q: So you rub it vigorously?

BB: We rub it to get the football to the proper texture. Yes, it’s – I mean, I don’t know what’s vigorous or what isn’t not vigorous. We’re not polishing fine china here; we’re trying to get a football to the proper texture the quarterback wants it to grip it. Does that stimulate something inside the football to raise the PSI? I would say yes, it does."

18. Burning Elvii

furthermore, if they're prepping the balls with anything other than the league/mfg'r provided tools (brushes), then they're guilty of tampering with the ball other than the air pressure. This is in the ops manual I believe.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the Chris Christie Traffic-gate investigation. A long road to nowhere. Please tell me legit reasons why they need another two weeks for their "investigation." And tell me it has nothing to do with Kraft and his five year BJ from Roger.

20. felker

felker Active Member

Fox has a report that the NFL has interviewed the ball boy, but they won't discuss what answers they got. They are still trying to determine if he did anything inappropriate.

IMHO the ballboy gave them nothing they could use. If the NFL had anything they would leak it ASAP.

#3060 felker, Jan 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.