Todd Bowles doesn't need an Elite QB to win games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsruby, Mar 24, 2015.

1. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Well its good news that he doesnt need one, since he isnt going to have one.

Walt White and Poeman like this.
  2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The other thing Sanchez Fans leave out is that MS was the reason why the regular season record was not better in both 9 and 10, with the result that the Jets had a poorer seed each year in the playoffs. That made the road much harder, and they fell short both years.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Somebody today rumored Jets are one of two teams that may trade up to 2. That would mean they think they do need a good QB.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets were a good road team, the Jets as a whole did not play well in the AFCCGs. 09, I would agree w/ this assessment, but absolutely not 2010. I can't blame Mark entirely for losing to the Ravens, as well as the Bear and Patriot loses.

5. lucrazy719

lucrazy719 New Member

Rex did not have the team ready for that 2010 afc championship game against the steelers....jets were the better team but had a horrible game plan on both sides of the ball. Mark played very well in that game and if we would've gotten the ball back at the end I think we complete the comeback

6. Don

A defense can only take you so far and the Jets defesne took they to two title games and Sanchez had nothing to do with it, just go back and look at his stats. It would have been nice if he could have stepped up just once and put the team on his shoulders instead of expecting everybody else to do it for him. That's why he is no longer here and just a backup in Philly..he sucks just like Smith does.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ok I get we all hate Sanchez and I swore I'd never enter one of these discussions again but this is just revisionist history at its worst.

He had his troubles but he was a big part of those runs, love him or hate him. You all hated him after that Pat win in Foxborough?

I think not.

_

8. Don

He was 23rd in 2009 and 16th in 2010..that isn't what got them to the title game. The 1st and 3rd ranked defense, respectively, is what did. If the Jets don't get a QB now you will see this same thing start playing out all over again this year.

9. JStokes

1. There is no bigger Mariota advocate here than me. People hate me on this bord because of my Mariota love fest.

2. Mark was a rookie QB in 2009 with 16 college starts so that rookie year should not have been a surprise to anyone but his playoff performances and his play in 2010 and his playoffs that year, while not legendary were still admirable.

To say he had literally nothing to do with the success of this team in 2009 and 2010 is, again, respectfully, revisionist history at its worst.

_

westiedog1 and Demosthenes9 like this.
  10. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Sanchez had plenty to do with those seasons and to get into a debate over that with a guy named least knowledgeable, come on guy. The degree to which he was responsible is very debatable but only a fool would say he had nothing to do with it. Isn't it time to move on already?

11. JStokes

Absolutely time to move on.

But to shit on an ex-Jet who was a big part of one of the most enjoyable shortlived successes for us requires a rebuttal.

_

westiedog1 likes this.
  12. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Isn't there like 200 Sanchez topics already? I could say that Namath was the greatest QB.in Jets history but I know at least one member here will deny it for 10.pages and it does no good to argue about it.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah, The Ghost of Sanchez lives on. Just like the Ghost of Rex. We keep going down this road and the thread gets moved to the NFL section.

14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

When the Jets coaches are impressed with a QB, that's when you really have to worry.

15. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Why? All of our past offensive coaches have been fired. Why don't you give our new hires a chance?

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

rumors will run rampant up until the draft, so it's hard to decode the truth.

that said, you don't send the entire brain trust out to Oregon if there isn't at least some interest.
    IF they feel they absolutely need to have this guy, how much will moving up 4 spots cost? our 2nd round pick, or more?

17. westiedog1

History! They've all been fired because they don't know how to draft a good QB.

18. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about our current staff. What is it that you don't like about Mac, Bowles, Gailey and company?

"History" is a red herring because none of these guys have worked for the Jets organization before this year.

19. westiedog1

Given the Jets history drafting QB's (none have been very good since Namath), I don't automatically assume these guys know what they are doing just because they are different. Bowles has no history drafting or acquiring QB's, Macagnan's history is suspect to say the least with the likes of Carr, Schaub, Keenam, Yates, Mallet, Fitzpatrick, etc. Gailey inherited Troy Aikman in Dallas and had Fitzpatrick as his QB for 3 years in Buffalo with little to show for it. So, if you want to put your faith in these guys simply because their names are not Bradway, Tannenbaum, Idzik, Edwards, Mangini or Ryan that's your business. As for me, we are still talking about the NY Jets, so "show me the money" before I become a believer.

20. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Shaub wasn't drafted by Houston and didn't play horrible there at first. Carr was doomed from the start with the horrible oline they had. And who says mac had anything to do with those qb being drafted to Houston he wasn't the gm there