17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The Jets ticket sales department has officially entered "Creepy Stalker" territory. I have a ticketmaster Jets ticket exchange account that I use for flipping tickets from stubhub. Even though I'm logged out, I still have the cookie on my browser. So yesterday I start looking around at PSLs and seat maps on the Jets website. Never logged in there or filled out any forms, then this morning I get a call from a ticket rep that I screen him to voicemail and he asks me to call him back which I didn't. Then I get an email this afternoon:

Now that email was addressed to a generic list placeholder, but I know a "little" more about IT than the average guy so I dug up the email headers and I see that he emailed the account that I only have on file with ticketmaster exchange so I know that's how he started stalking me, since when I had Jets season tickets it was a different address.

So just be aware that the Jets are so desperate to sell overpriced seats that they've set up cross-linked database systems that watch you on a day-to-day basis. It's a good idea to just clear cookies on a regular basis or just open a private browser session that doesn't keep cookies (CTRL SHIFT N on Chrome and CTRL SHIFT P on Firefox). If possible also change IPs because they will be tracking that too

Brook! likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Eye opening post. I don't care about Jets stalking me for selling tickets but if this technology is available then it means criminals can use it to obtain personal data.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I signed up, what's the big deal? Nothing happens unless they issue a playoff invoice and then I would save some dough.

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. GordonGecko

It's just weird to get STHs from 32 teams to pay for playoff tickets "just in case". no other league does this

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This is Goodell NFL BABY! I seriously despise that man.He's almost at DAVID STERN LEVEL!

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. Brook!

Don't remember all the details but last year Packers were not able to sell play off tix due to short time. I guess they want to minimize the risk by taking pre orders from season ticket holders. Makes sense if you ask me.

7. GordonGecko

Has it really got to the point where the NFL can't even sell out postseason games?

8. Brook!

9. GordonGecko

This rule won't change that though, because I don't believe for a second that 95%+ of season ticket holders don't pay the postseason invoice when they get it. It's the other thousands of seats offered to the public in Green Bay that didn't sell, and this 6 months early invoice won't change that unless they decide to invoice Joe Football on the street in which case where do I sign??

Once again this policy is bizzaro makes no sense

10. max

max Active Member

I can't see the Jets being unable to sell out a home playoff game. Then, again we wouldn't take that shit for granted because we haven't had once since what . . . 2002 . . . Also wouldn't be as fucking cold as Green Bay.

11. Brook!

I agree. Green Bay plays a ton of home playoff games for a long time now. First Favre now Rodgers. People there will pick and chose what games they want to see depending on weather. In the end, they will be in the play offs almost every year until Rodgers retires.

12. Brook!

On a different note. Stubhub brought a new rule. The list price has to be $6 or up. If you try to list it for less, you will get an error message.

Second note.

There are 2 Jets Club Season Tickets for $1200 each including parking. It is endzone club tickets so not a great view but pretty lower than the actual season ticket cost. Not a bad deal.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Ok, last time you don't pay for anything unless they issue a playoff invoice and then they charge you. I consider it a convenience for me, if we are in the running for the playoffs and the NFL tells the Jets to issue playoff invoices, I don't have to do anything, they have my credit card and charge me. Thank you NFL for a great idea. You guys just look to complain.

Jetsfanforlife likes this.
  14. GordonGecko

It's not a great idea, it's dumb. There's no benefit to them, if it's convenient for you great, not so convenient if in 6 months you've had to replace your credit card and have to sign up again. 12 teams will make it, maybe another 8 will be close enough to invoice. So they should invoice the other 12 teams 50 years in advance so they can feel special? I guess a Jags fan needs something to jerk off about at night

15. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Green Bay is sold out. Every seat has a season ticket holder. If the extra playoff seats don't come from STH's not paying their postseason invoice, where do they come from? Are there thousands of other seats that aren't considered season ticket holder worthy and they just hold onto them during the regular season until the playoffs and then release them?

16. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

How many people does this actually happen to that happen to be season ticket holders?

The benefit is that they will know ahead of time how many STH's are choosing not to pay their invoice and they can plan accordingly. As opposed to scrambling the week before a game to sell tickets. If you sign up your card is not charged until a playoff game is to be played.

17. GordonGecko

correct

18. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Why would they hold back seats during the regular season? Pass up on revenue for 8 home games (plus concession sales) and just wait until there's a playoff game? Doesn't make sense.

19. GordonGecko

Standard practice, full seasons make up the majority of seats but teams need to set aside tickets for sponsors, for the league, and player allocations. Also, teams may want to sell 90% as season tickets but there isn't always the demand. Obviously the demand is there in Green Bay but they still have a good chunk that they need to sell on a per game basis

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

There have been a few times where STHs didn't send in their playoff invoices and then surprisingly their teams made it by a lot of luck. Last year I managed to get Steelers playoff tickets and the year before Packers tickets. The Packers tickets were incredible seats under $100 a ticket and I made a small profit. I guess this way now everything is on file and if a team unexpectedly makes the playoffs everyone's info is on file already.

alleycat9 likes this.