Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Luckily the Cardinals are the Cardinals otherwise our lead might be 4.5 right now.

2 bruuuuuutal losses in a row for Washington.

Still a 6.5 game lead. I guess that's something to be happy about tonight.

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The one good thing about tonight is seeing Niese get obliterated. Hopefully he will continue to get obliterated in these last few weeks of regular season games. Because if that's what it takes to keep him from getting a playoff start, mission accomplished.

I'm hearing so much talk about moving Matz or Thor to the pen for the playoffs. Such bullshit. Niese is barely a mediocre ML pitcher, and he shouldn't get anywhere near the mound in a big game. You have to have rocks in your head to ever let Niese start a playoff game when you have Steven Matz and Noah Sydergaard on the same staff. It's a no brainer. If we want to win in the playoffs, every start should go to Harvey, JDG, Thor and Matz and see if any team can stick 4 losses on those guys in 7 games. Anything other than that is just plain stupid IMO.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Holy shit. What news to wake up to Washington losing again!!! I fell asleep when they were up 5-3. I LOVE IT!!! Let's hope cards get the sweep tonight and we can get this to 7.5

4. truthbtold

Grienke gets it done again last night. If Kershaw completes the sweep tonight, the Giants are pretty much buried. As I've been saying, this is unfortunate for us. Looks like we'll have to face the Dodgers so it's crucial that we finish with a better record. If we have to face those two guys in LA we'll be in BIG trouble. That's pretty much the toughest assignment in baseball.

I really wish we could just pitch our best guys down the stretch, but these innings limits are really going to hinder us. I get it, but it's too bad. Hopefully the bats will continue to get the job done. I'll be shocked if we don't go into that Nats series with a 7 game lead. As long as we win one game, after we leave there it will be all about winning more games than the Dodgers.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

My handicapper friend says stick a fork in the Nats, says they will not be going on any big runs. The only way we don't win the division is an epic collapse. I wanted to remind him this is the Mets and the Phillies seemed dead a few years ago and the Marlins played spoiler.

6. dawinner127

Totally agree. There is no reason why we shouldn't win the division. 22 of our next 31 (well now 21 of our next 30) are against the Reds Braves Marlins & Phillies. 6 vs the Nats.

I agree with being home vs the Dodgers would be better, but when you take a look at it.. When would you throw Thor? On the road in Dodgers stadium for game 3 could be brutal. And then if you throw him in game 2 if you have the home team advantage you miss out later in the series if it came down to it

7. truthbtold

If we host, I'd give him the start in game 2 and he'd be available in the pen if we need an inning in game 5.
    If we travel I'd pitch Thor when we get home for game 3. Game 4 would be Matz.

No way in hell would I ever give Niese a start in a five game series. No room for error. You might be able to absorb a bombing in a seven game series, but he'd basically cut our throat vs the Dodgers. We really NEED to win the two games not started by Grienke and Kershaw. Remember how they obliterated him in his last start against them? No way I'm trusting him to beat them in a must win playoff game. I'm really hoping he takes himself out of the conversation by pitching like shit in September. Of course I want to win games, but the bigger picture says he can't be given a playoff start. We've waited too long to allow him to blow it for us. If we lose, let's make sure we lose with our best. Not some mediocre JAG.

irishwhip03 and dawinner127 like this.
  8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I saw the pictures from the Fantasy Football thing on my Facebook and all I have to say is fuck David Wright for missing almost the entire season and then having the audacity to show up wearing a Giants hat.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Posted some other Mets pics in the Fantasy Football Forum but this one is a classic. These are some tall dudes.

[​IMG]
    _

10. dawinner127

Stokes, that is awesome man!! Hope you had a fun time at the event

11. JStokes

Conforto is hitting .302.

As a rookie.

From how he started out, that's pretty damn good.

_

12. irishwhip03

He has all the makeup of a guy that can hit .300 regularly and knock out about 20-25 homers without being a typical home run hitter. He has a great eye at the plate too for a kid so inexperienced at the pro level. Just has the look of a future all star.

And for all the things I read about his defense , pre-callup , he has played a pretty damn solid leftfield. Everything said about him in the minors was that he was a butcher out there. Wonder if something changed or that was just bad scouting.

13. irishwhip03

Damn right on cue lol

Oppo shot.

Harvey deserved some runs.

14. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

JStokes now that is cool, I'm envious. Great that the Mets have given Matt some run.

15. JStokes

Holee crap.

This dude is a stud.

_

irishwhip03 likes this.
  16. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Uh oh, Murphy out of game with quad injury.

17. irishwhip03

Same quad he went on the DL last time with Im sure. Hopefully just a precaution but Im expecting another stint.

Not great.

18. JStokes

With our luck it's going to develop into Lupus.

_

19. dawinner127

Harvey looked awesome in the first 2 innings..seems like he got complacent

20. irishwhip03

Supposedly he was "dehydrated".