Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

We also worked out a guy name Scrotumo.

True story.

_

74 likes this.
  2. JStokes

3. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Yeah a $200 million extension. He'll be gone when the time is right. Between his personality and the Wilpons' frugality, a split will be coming. Rather sign DeGrom and Noah and get players in a trade for Harvey.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. JStokes

Btw, I love the fact that he showed up 2 days early.

He is going to be a monster this year.

_

5. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

If his elbow holds up, yes he will. Some early redemption against the Royals to start the year

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Harvey and Thor are gonna be monsters this year. They're gonna explode onto the season here. Man they're gonna be spectacular

Just watched a dvr'd Mets Hot Stove and they had a segment on Thor. It's unbelievable how quickly he matured. Right before our eyes too.

I was a little wary of him in the spring last year. He was aloof and looked like he might have a hard time adjusting. And then within months he matured at an amazing pace and became stunning.
    Nobody knew that that was gonna happen so quickly going in, if at all.

I think they're gonna be gentle on deGrom early on. Back him off a little bit

Matz is a little bit of wild card. He exploded on the scene and then lost that momentum with the injuries. It will be great if he can regain that edge we saw when he first came up.

#6406 Walt White, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    FlaJet likes this.
  7. JStokes

I met Thor last year at Wright's Fantasy Football Draft, he was in our 10 man league. He could barely converse with us, he was so shy, immature (not in a bad way). It's like he was intimidated by all the noise going on around him and when the TV crew interviewed him it was painful for us to watch. It seemed as if he just fell off the back of a hayseed truck.

Seeing him last year in the WS and hearing him speak now, he looks and sounds like a completely different guy.

He grew up fast.

_

8. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Tons of off days in April for us too..could be a very good thing for the pitchers. Might take them awhile to get into a groove but the rest and fairly easy schedule should get us off to a decent start.

Syndergaard has the best stuff of any pitcher on the staff IMO. Sky is the limit with this kid. True Cy Young potential , which as good as the other guys are , IDK if I can say that about any of em, even Harvey.

If there is only one pitcher the team is going to give an insane contract to , Noah is the guy.

dawinner127 likes this.
  9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

The cubs could be a problem.

10. irishwhip03

The NL as a whole is going to be a dogfight. Dodgers, Pirates, Cards will still be tough. Giants, Nats, D'Backs and Marlins could all be much better.

Cubs and Mets are still the class of the league though IMO. And if you're telling me we get them in the NLCS again , Im confident that with our pitching we'll be better than them.

Also , Im gonna need to see Arietta do it again this year too before I crown him a top starter. I think there's a chance he could take a step back. Really would be hard for him to match what he did last year.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  11. Walt White

deGrom had an itch on his thigh, maybe a mosquito bite, so they skipped his throwing session. :)

They're really gonna ease him in. They rode him last year and they're gonna back him off. Good move. He showed signs of fatigue at the end of the season and they want to give him some more space to get over the stress.

Love it that we still have 'Big Sexy' Colon to eat innings, and some extra arms too.

They may wanna build up Matz slowly also. His intensity and all out exertion may have hurt him. Let him learn to be a little more even keeled and pick his spots better.

It will be nice to see Wheeler eventually. Hopefully all goes well and he's a luxury this year. More of a depth guy. Then next year he'll be ready to go after getting the kinks out

rohirrim665 likes this.
  12. JStokes

I haven't been this excited about a team going into a season since probably 1988.

2000 was a great year but I never had expectations like this.

This is going to be great. I told the GF we are going to be watching a LOT of games lol.

_

13. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

2013, Ian Desmond reportedly declined a 7 yr, $107M extension. Then declined 1 yr 15.8M. Now he signs for 1 yr, $8M with the Rangers. Either he went against his agent, or Doug Rogalski is terrible agent.

14. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking. I would love if we could sign him but with his agent and his love for (yankees) money he will be gone. Just hope we get a large return for him in high quality player(s) and prospects.

15. Walt White

Duda: .260 35 95

That is all

16. NYGalPal

Yoenis Cespedes is starting to get annoying.

FlaJet likes this.
  17. JStokes

I think folks reaction to Cespedes is the issue.

He's having fun. Who cares?

He probably makes about $50,000 a month in interest alone on his money, a $6000 pig is chump change.

He could buy 10 Lamborghinis and still have $25 million left over.

_

18. NYGalPal

I don't care what he does with his $. It just seem like everyday it's something different. Part him, part the media coverage of him. IDK if I were a teammate I'd be crazy about the antics.

19. Walt White

I think part of the reason he's back is because his teammates like him. Noah loves him, so do others. He's a Latino from Cuba and he's celebrating. He'll calm down.

One of Terry's strength has become his managing of people and the clubhouse, and the media. They're fine.

Leave it to the media to try and dig up shit and stir it up. Terry handled that bullshit very well last year. So did Sandy.

But they'll keep digging real hard tho. Some of them live and mine for that shit. Lol

20. irishwhip03

Slowest sports months of the season so obviously things like this will get blown out of proportion. In the end it has zero affect on what he or any other player is going to do when the season rolls around.

As a fan its a lot better having to hear about these type of news stories rather than hearing about how poor the team is going to perform like we've heard every year since 2008.

DownAndOut likes this.