The Official Crap on Bowels thread is here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Sep 11, 2016.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I don't care who the QB is and what the team is. 3 INTs and you're out.

PulseJet, Burnz and jerseyjay14 like this.
  2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

why is the execution so bad with 10 days off to prepare?

bad coaching

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Or bad plays by players. It baffling how so many people want to excuse players, or irrationally blame others. Seriously one person lost this game and that was Fitzpatrick.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

4. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

It ain't Bowles fault our nutsack of a qb threw 6 picks.... It's not his fault Jalin Marshall Fumbled AGAIN! Players make plays! And guess what! The entire team to a steaming shit in Kansas City today.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

When we we down two TDs we had plenty of time to play our game, run the ball and grind away at their lead. Forte was getting 8-9 yards on every other carry. Prior to today's game, KC was ranked 30th in run defense. Instead we abandoned the run, made ourselves one dimensional, and played to the strength of our opponent.

I am not defending Fitz who did a horrible job but this loss lands at the feet of our coaching staff and their game plan on offense.

6. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Bowles has been a D level coach this season. His clock and game management is embarrassing. His game plan today was laughably bad, Reid embarrassed him in terms of gameplanning for the opponent. I want to like Bowles but he is about to face the first major crisis of his coaching career and 1-5 is def in play considering next 3 opponents

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bowles should tell his players not to fumble the ball or throw it to the other team. I can't believe he hasn't thought of that

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He should tell his OC that when the game is on the line and in reach and your overrated weak-armed QB has already thrown 3 picks to stop calling sideline routes when the defense is waiting for it.

James Hasty and BuzzKillington like this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This would have been the perfect game to eat up the middle of the field with a TE.

YAY CHAN!

BuzzKillington likes this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

you should be embarrassed for your game to game overreaction. There js a lot of football left to played. I will not judge game to game but all 16.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

I have no idea what compelled them to start throwing so much. The score was far from out of reach. Fitz's limits are a secret to no one (at least I'd hope). He works best in a game where they pound the ball to the point where covering the run is top priority. Then he can toss one here and there. Do that and like the Bills game he looks like a hall of famer.

Gailey has worked with him for years this should be obvious by now.

The other huge problem with Fitz is he will throw anywhere there might be an opening. Great that he can see the potential play but he'd also throw to my 87 year old grandfather if they put him in the game. Not all these receivers are capable of the plays Marshall or Decker can make.

They signed him, they knew this, you design the offense around the limit. Anyone on the coaching staff who can't see that Fitz will throw to a triple covered 3rd string receiver if that looks like the best option is an idiot.

I watched the Bills game yesterday too, if you want to loft long balls trade Fitz for Tyrod. It seems like each offense is doing the opposite of their QBs strengths.

NYJetsO12 and James Hasty like this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He didnt throw particularly well in that game. The coverage was jusy dreadful and the recievers bailed him out. I honestly dunno if i can watch this all season.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i didnt have the best stream so someone please help me out here

it looked like marshall got both feet in on that one-handed TD grab, am i mistaken? it certainly looked close enough to, at the very least, challenge

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

It's all consistent with the lack of in-game adjustments, including removing the qb.

Bowles was quoted a saying at http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/jets/

"When nothing works, you have to change everything," he said. "It was a sh---y
    game plan, obviously by the score, and the execution of it was sh---y. You can't
    point to one thing. You have to get back to the drawing board and coach better."

Ok, but if it's a shitty plan, make some changes during the game, not the next game!

and this by Cimini:

"Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce was the biggest problem, finishing with a team-high
    six catches for 89 yards. He burned them with the same pattern, a drag route in
    which he exploited their underneath coverage. Cornerback Darrelle Revis said the
    Chiefs used different formations than previous games and moved players into different spots."

See the pattern? In the Cinci game there seemed to be no adjustments, in this one Kelce
    burned them using the *same pattern* multiple times (how could that happen unless
    there were no adjustments) and the Chiefs used different formations than expected,
    but so what, that happens to every team, and so you ADJUST.

Ron

tbruner12 likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Jace Amaro had a good game yesterday.

abyzmul likes this.
  16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Meh. I saw the game. He had one big catch where there was nobody covering him--nothing else noteworthy at all.

17. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

This Sunday for Seattle game, I will be taking a giant toilet clogging dump in one of the stadium bathrooms and labeling it Todd Bowels.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

helluva contribution

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I've been watching football long enough to know that playing at Arrowhead can be really tough sometimes. We're not good enough for this crazy schedule. We'll be lucky to be 8-8.

20. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I have been all benefit of the doubt on Bowles since he got here, but I must say he does not appear to be some kind of defensive genius. I am still waiting.

NYJetsO12 and tbruner12 like this.