StubHub WARNING and props to Jets

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell Tickets' started by gofivewide, Dec 2, 2016.

1. gofivewide

gofivewide New Member

I have been a frequent seller on SH for a decade using them exclusively to sell my extra tix for Jets, Knicks. SH sends me an email Monday from there investigation department that there was an issue with tickets for Pats game. It said I had to contact Jets and provide written documentation , etc..within 48 hours. It said the burden was on me to prove my innocence otherwise they were going to charge me for sale plus a huge fine.

After investigating myself and sending multiple emails with no response , as well as leaving 4 voicemails for investigator , with no response, I finally got a call back 2 days later. The investigator for SH did a conference call with me and the JETS. Phil from the Jets was great, giving specific info that clearly exonerated me immediately. Despite all this and hundreds of past sales and purchases with no issues over nearly a decade, the investigator said evidence was inconclusive and she would get back to me and that burden still lies on the seller. Phil, also dumbfounded, followed up with me and said if SH screwed me they would make it right even though it wasn't there issue.

I let the investigator know that if I was held liable they would never get the $ from Amex and that I would do everything in my power to make this a big issue through social media, etc. 10 minutes later I get a call back that new information had been revealed and I was off the hook...no real apology, nothing. They also said they couldn't tell me what the new evidence was. Obviously someone at SH was listening to call and realized it wasn't worth it, in my opinion.

Needless to say I will now be using ticket exchange exclusively for buying or selling. This was a crazy stressful experience that can clearly happen again through buyer fraud or such.