Former Jet Joe McKnight Killed

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Dec 1, 2016.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ah OK, yeah it would be best to find out how this all started to begin with. I thought someone got hit or they pulled over.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i couldn't find it in an article but another poster mentioned a car chase. now, if mcknight was chasing the guy, they come to a stop at an intersection, joe gets out and runs up on the car, it could be justified. there are a lot of details missing to judge one way or an other.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

nah..running up to the car means nothing, lock the door. he had no gun and i haven't hear but if the first bullet hit him thrn firing three was excessive..they would be marching all over america if a cop did that.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He looks like a bad dude after all.

5. FJF

easy to say from behind a keyboard. and we don't know the spacing between shots. he might not have waited to see where the first one went. scared people tend to pull the trigger more than once.
    too many missing details yet, but i doubt that stops the court of public opinion

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

i don't think it should stop the court of public opinion. People should be on that police dept asking WTF is happening. There's an argument, guy shoots someone dead, gets to sleep that very night in his own bed...

If I got drunk and jump the fence at Metlife for some fun, I'm at least spending the night at the station

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

elections have consequences...

8. FJF

if they decided they were not going to be able to get anymore info within the 48 hrs they could hold him without charging him and want to make sure they get the right charge, whats the point in holding him any longer than they had to? if the guy has no priors, and i guess he doesn't because we would have heard by now, and is not a flight risk what is the point? police are under a microscope right now. so either they let him go because he is white they are so brazen they don't care or they really could not justify holding him longer than they did.
    the investigation should be interesting, seems like the eye witness reports from the first report stating he stood over him and shot him a final time have been debunked. i doubt we ever know what really happened between these 2 to get to where they ended up but i think some traffic and surveillance cams will get us close

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

President elect doesn't matter, this is the way things work around here. Doesn't matter who is elected. The same shit will continue to happen over and over.

alleycat9, westiedog1 and Cman68 like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

The sheriff was asked at his press conference if the shooter had any priors and he was very wishy washy "ehhh there was an issue about 10 years ago, no other comments about that"

amazingly he was not pressed further on that, you could hear a journalist chime in "a misdemeanor? or wha--? and the sheriff quickly answered another question to interrupt him.

11. FJF

but that's all public record, if there was something there don't you think a reporter would have uncovered it already?

12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

No. But people are fucking crazy. *As the information appears* it wasn't an innocent little side swipe. They were going at it. If you are aggressively driving and get into an accident with someone else driving aggressively it is best to stay in your car and call the cops.

I've seen countless stories of road rage accidents and people get out and fight/shoot the other party. There was an incident where a guy was grabbing his insurance and the guy walked up and shot him in the head.

It's a fucked up world. Staying calm, defensively driving, and getting the hell out of dodge (if it appears bad) are the best options.

Walt White likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

idk I'm just telling you what I heard at the press conference word for word. If there was nothing I dont see why the sheriff wouldnt just say nothing instead of his 10 years ago comment

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. FJF

ok, just watched it, thought he was pretty clear that he didn't want to divulge anything that would taint the witness pool, thats why he didn't go into Gasser's past. but if there is something relevant there i think the press will get it. also thought he was clear that in order to hold Gasser they would have had to show probable cause and didn't feel they had everything they needed at the time. if the guy isn't a flight risk, and no chance he is now, i'm sure the press will be on his lawn, i don't see what the uproar is.what happened is a tragedy for sure and a lot of lives were ruined yesterday, emotional judgement before all the facts are known can only make things worse.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If this is what happened then the guy was within his rights to defend himself. What a senseless end to mcnuggets life.

Smh

16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

The truth is that we have too many guns in the hands of unstable people. Would the situation be different if it was reversed and Joe was the guy who shot the other guy? We have to change the whole persona of this nation. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Muslim,etc. We are one nation and the citizens need to act like it and respect one another.

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The same shit will happen over and over because shooting and killing is in America's DNA. America was born and built by the gun and it rules by the gun. Violence is what we do and we're damned good at it. So all this faux outrage is a complete waste of emotional energy. We both realize nothing will change so if you're smart? Arm yourself and remember that at any time, you could find yourself in a situation that could require deadly force be used.

#NeverLeaveHomeWithoutIt

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If someone chases you down in your car, gets out, comes up to your window and starts pulling you out of your car then maybe they're the unstable one? What does this have to do with skin color?

19. FJF

police report says mcknight was on the passenger side of the car.we are going to need to know what happened in the moments prior to them getting to that intersection to understand what was going through the shooters head.

NY Jets68 and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I didn't think this would turn into yet another nationwide debate... Crazy story. Life in 2016 huh?