WW85'S 2017 NY JET'S MOCK DRAFT (1.0)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 30, 2016.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

If they want to go LT why not trade down about 10 spots or so and grab Ryan Ramczyk from Wisconsin. He's a mauler...maybe they can pick up an extra second and a fourth rounder.

They probably get a comp pick in the fourth round for Harrison.

Trade Richardson for a third rounder.....

That gives them two picks in the second, third, and fourth rounds...LOL

Hey a guy can dream eh ?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You just don't draft a player with the intentions of being a career RT at #6 or higher. It works out that way when the team realizes, too late, he isn't going to cut it at LT.

We need a LT badly and there isn't one on our roster.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'd like to win the Lotto too!

Your answer proves the Jets are in a bad spot (Year) to draft a LT.

4. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

In my opinion, if you can get an all-Pro at any position (aside from Special teams), you take him at any pick. Granted, if you're choosing between an All-Pro at every position, OGs & RTs would be lower than 6th on the list, but that doesn't happen.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

some of u folks may remember dick haley from the steelers and jets personnel depts.....well long story short i knew mr. haley from his days with the jets (mostly in the early 90's) and had the opportunity to have lunch and dinner a few times back in the day.....

one of the things i clearly remember him saying with regard to the draft - the only players worth their salt to pick in the top five are QB, LT, and LB, and the top ten - WR and secondary. He regarded the RT position as a bit of an afterthought that could be addressed much later on in the draft.

Leicester Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

I guess I'd be happy with Foster because he's a potential star in the making, but back to back ILB's in the first round when we have major O line issues?

7. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care because we have issues everywhere. Would we release Harris?

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The problem is that there is no LT rated anywhere near the #6 pick, save for possibly Cam Robinson, and he's overrated. OG is not that big of a need, and that's too high for an OG anyway. The same goes for C.

Foster will be a star and if his play is consistently anywhere near what it was in the National Championship game, he will be a perennial Pro Bowler, if not All Pro.

I'd rather get Garrett or Barnett or maybe even Mike Williams, but if Foster was the pick, I wouldn't be unhappy at all.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

+100
    Does he want a job with Jets ? Still breathing?

10. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

how you feel about budda baker you think we can target him at the 2nd round?

11. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

We definitely could. IMO Hooker and Adams are the only first round worthy safeties this year.

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Back to back inside linebackers? I would be pissed at this draft. How are we gonna score? No QB also and with both Powell and Forte injury history we need a RB somewhere in this draft. Thanks for the post and effort but the Fire Maccagnan banner will be starting up if this is our draft.

13. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

From Rotoworld yesterday;

In an interview with SEC Network's Paul Finebaum, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. called LB Reuben Foster "the best inside linebacker Alabama has ever produced."
    Well then. That is something. On his most recent Big Board, Kiper slots Foster in as his No. 4 overall draft prospect for 2017. He views him more favorably than he did Bama LB Reggie Ragland a year ago, writing that the 6-foot-1, 240-pound Foster "has more range, runs sideline to sideline and is a more complete player." A lock first-rounder, Foster won the Butkus Award this past season on the strength of a regular season which saw him record 94 tackles (12.0 for loss), four sacks and two passes defended.

Source: Paul Finebaum on Twitter Jan 19 - 5:11 PM

I knew he was better than Reggie Ragland, but Dont'e Hightower & CJ Mosley, ----------- hhhhmmmm.

14. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

The point is to build a talented roster. Drafting based on need forces the team to take players that don't play up to their draft slot. This happens most often with QB's. There is not one QB in this draft that should go in the top 15, but at least one will, probably two. I don't wanna be one of those teams that wastes a first rounder on a QB that can't play. If Foster is the BPA at 6, you take him. We play a base 3-4 anyway and having two great ILB's isn't going to hurt us. Ask the Niners (Willis, Bowman).

NCJetsfan and MoWilkBeast like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You won't know if they can play until you draft them and play them. We need a franchise QB and need to make that a priority pick until we get one. Teams that are pretty much complete can afford to draft BPA, but our team is so needy at key positions we need to target those positions in order of priority: QB, LT, edge rusher, CB/S, and if Fournette or Cook is avaialble you draft them.

16. b.reyes16

You can make it a priority all you want, but drafting a QB who's not worth the draft slot is only going to hurt your team. We can't sit here and spend early picks on QB after QB every year. Stick to your board. The best player is always the best pick.

Also, you have it backwards. Good teams can afford to draft based on need because they don't have many holes and can afford the risk. When you're a bad team, you need as many good players as you can get.

NCJetsfan and MoWilkBeast like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It seems like we'll have to agree to disagree. But how many "O" players have we taken - including QBs - in the 1st Round compared to "D"? Until we find that FQB, yes, we should keep drafting them in the 1st/early rounds.

And while bad teams DO need a lot of GOOD players, just drafting a lot of players is no guarantee you're going to improve. Even the BPA in any one round isn't a cinch. In the first two rounds I think you need to target your biggest needs and draft the BPA for those needs. After that, BPA but for those positions you need to improve in whatever order you an best fill them.

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well drafting players that you are overloaded at doesn't work either. We have 3 1st round defensive lineman. How is that working out? We have neglected every position that we are dire need of right now. We don't have ONE great ILB linebacker and taking another one is extremely risky. We need pressure on the QB the only thing we need right now is a OLB that can get to the QB. But once again where is the scoring going to come from?

19. b.reyes16

It's actually working out great. Leonard Willams has turned into the best player on our defense on a cost-efficient contract. Richardson is one fuck up away from a long-term suspension and Mo is still healing from a broken leg after getting HUGE money.

And I'm not saying we don't need offensive players. I'm saying you take what is there. If Mike Williams is the best player on the board at 6 based on your draft board, that's who you take. If it's Fournette, that's who you take. If you have a guy like Trubisky rated that highly, that's who you take. But position of need shouldn't affect that. You don't take the #30 talent on your board at 6 just because it fills a need.

20. b.reyes16

Drafting a lot of bad players because they fill a need is a definitive way to not improve.

NCJetsfan, FJF and James Hasty like this.