Jordan Leggett.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by David-The-Meats-Harris, Apr 29, 2017.

1. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

Yeah I wanted Jake Butt so I guess I am butt hurt one could say. Maybe I was just being greedy and wanted the jets to be the only team with butt-fumbles

2. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

My only problem with Leggett is he doesn't fit the mold of the rest of the Jets picks, which is high effort players who love the game. Leggett seems like just the opposite kind of player although his abilities are top shelf. I saw several analysts who compared him to Amaro 2.0. Yikes.

3. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

I knew him at Clemson. Great talent but he's a very passive personality. I am curious to see how motivated he can get. But he's a big body and offensive weapon to have. The jury is out on him, but sadly, we don't have anyone else.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If he can catch he's anything but Amaro 2.0.

5. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

He's not unaware of that perception, and I think he's gonna crush it. But Look, it's the draft and nothing is a guarantee. From what I saw out of the top 4 TEs he made the best effort and catches. Howard was always wide open, which spooks me into thinking it's scheme more than anything. He's got good size. Again, I can't say he'll be great any more than anyone calling him a bust, I just know out of the top 4, I liked what I saw from him the most

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mogriffjr and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think the same thing about him. I saw Clemson play a lot over the last couple of years. While I don't remember Leggett laying anyone out blocking, neither do I remember his dodging blocking or his not making an effort. If players are truly lazy and apathetic, they don't usually admit it. I think it also says something about him that in big games, he played big and always had good games. We want players that rise to the occasion. At the very least, I think he will be a solid, productive player, and could become a very good TE.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Keller 2.0!

half of Keller's hightlights are him terrorizing the Patriots.....seems like right after that Billy went out and spent to high draft picks on TEs!

8. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

The guys has good hands. He isn't as physical as I would like but good hands none the less (9 drops vs 109 catches) Routes are not crisp at all. Runs with his head looking back to the QB too much this allows defenders to jump or cut off his routes. In the NFL if you run routes looking back to the QB you are going to get killed. I'm not even going to start on his blocking. I hope I am wrong and he develops but I'm not expecting too much

9. David-The-Meats-Harris

For me all I can look at is the quality of catches, in tight coverage, and by all accounts he has great hands, and excellent concentration. Considering the game is about to get faster and harder for him, having those abilities can make a difference, maybe even if he ends up a little slower than ideal. Having a way to get him the ball wouldn't hurt.

10. David-The-Meats-Harris

The big game thing is huge, indeed. I agree he could turn out to be that extra weapon they've lacked

11. David-The-Meats-Harris

I'll take that all day long haha

Footballgod214 likes this.
  12. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Full disclosure, I don't really watch college football. I did however watch some of the championship and came away wondering if DeShaun would be rated so high if Bama's RB didn't get injured and Clemson lost. A good bit of Watsons clout rest on him winning the big game. Again i dont watch much college and I'm far from a QB scout, so this is an honest question.

13. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think anyone would complain if Legget turned into a Keller clone. Keller was a hit or miss guy come every Sunday.... you never knew if he was going to beast or just be a ghost on the field. With the bs we have put out there in the TE position I will take the possibility of a player putting up big numbers randomly over never at all.

14. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

16. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

17. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

So many TE's don't become anything because they can't block. You have to block. He has the size to be a good blocker but he needs to do it.
    Kelce can block.
    Gronk can block.
    Davis can block.
    You have to block.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Pags2112 likes this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Just how did our scouts not spot all these downsides, in fact just pass me the fucking noose right now it is all getting too much for me :D

westiedog1 likes this.
  20. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Agreed. ASJ should not be overlooked .. if he can stay clean he has the tools to be a top 5 TE in the league. Competition is something we have lacked over the years and is now something that is becoming the norm. If you want to play Sunday .. you have to be the better player. Leggett and ASJ will push each other and the result can be some deadly double TE sets with both inline or out wide.

Leggett has the size and athleticism to block which is not the case for every TE. The percentages the TE is called upon to block are also lower per snap in a WCO, and there are a lot of chip and go routes. Short passes actually mimic running plays. The value of WCO RB's and TE's to catch the football outweigh their value to block, but of course you still want them to have that ability.