The end of Francesa

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I just heard on Joe & Evan that Tank is trying to get the Monday Night Football gig to replace Gruden. You think they would ever put someone who speaks in New Yawkeese on a national program? I think it's a long shot, but good for him if he gets it.

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I would bet everything I have against that happening.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

nothing mike ever did was funnier than the guy who did the mike zaun bits on youtube. absolutely hilarious.

I can remember listening 25 years ago and they really were good, and you really felt you were getting some kind of sports knowledge out of them. Once the internet came around full force it really changed things, now the callers had as much info as the host did. i think maybe mike became more of a douche after mad dog left because he felt he needed to in order to keep things fresh. and theres nothing that fans like more than a guy going off.

on a side note, cmb in the afternoon are 1000 times better, i enjoy listening to them and waiting for bart scott to say something hilarious. maggie is the first female radio host who doesnt make my skin crawl and carlin kind of keeps thing moving forward. its a good show. bart had me crying in the car today when he told a guy he shouldve punched his kids in the chest.

mike came tothe point where i could only listen in short stints every once in awhile before getting completely frustrated with him.

Sam Hammer and CBG like this.
  4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Apparently rumors of his demise were somewhat exaggerated. Francesa has just announced that "it's time to return to WFAN." Consistent with the douche that he is, he refuses to give details, other than darkly claiming that he "didn’t decide to go back to WFAN until I was told I better not go back."

https://www.newsday.com/sports/media/mike-francesa-wfan-1.18231660

Certainly didn't take long for his monumental ego to miss its daily feedings. What a maroon.

CBG, jetophile, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Fat bloat, never played sports because he's a blimp

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

He realized no one else wanted him. Or if they did he'd have to go into the studio. Doing something at the FAN allows him to work from home, still be relevant and not work as much. Be interesting what he actually does and how they save face when he returns.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Wow this lasted for even less time than a Brett Favre retirement, I’m impressed.

FJF and matt robinson 17 like this.
  8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Lol. As I think about this longer I really don't want him doing a whole show again. To me he did some great interviews. Do a two hour podcast for the FAN with interviews. Get weekly spots where he gets an hour. 30 minutes of him talking and then 30 minutes of the interview. Do it from 6-7 and if there is a game 5:30-6:30. Doing the Sunday NFL morning show I have no problem with. But full time 5 days a week. I'll listen but don't love it. Do the same thing with Bart Scott while they are at it and let Carlin and Maggie do a show.

9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The guy can't even speak proper English, I doubt he gets the MNF gig. I'd be annoyed as hell hearing him on MNF, with the constant, "Uhhhhhhhhh"s and just repeating the same point 3 times in a row. I'd probably go insane. Dude needs to stay retired.

FJF and matt robinson 17 like this.
  10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

He'd be awful on Monday night. I haven't heard he was considered but if he was it would be even more unwatchable. Do a podcast of interviews. If someone wants to listen they will.

11. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

His act doesn't work nationally and the new show in drive time was absolutely horrible so it was kind of a perfect storm for him to come back.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It will be all about how he is sacrificing his time and privacy to return the lifeblood of New York sports fans who have been beating their wives, abusing little children, kicking helpless animals and jumping in front of subways since he left.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Can I just take the easy route by just calling him fat? I suppose not. I guess WFAN is that desperate, especially after the Carton arrest. Man, do I ever have a Francesa story. It's definitely not in the archives anymore after a couple of past server crashes but I know I posted the story twice. All of my stories are true. He called me up at work the next day. It was pretty classic. I can drum it up out of clear memory if anyone wants to hear it. What a bloviating butthole. And yeah, he knows nothing about hockey.

I wish someone would call up and ask, "How's that race horse doing, you know, the one you bought with Bill Parcells? Bill Parcells, your best friend! I'm sure that horse wound up in a slaughter house in horrible conditions! Will you ever stop gargling the Giants balls?"

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I spent the last few years NOT listening to him and looks as If I will spend the next few doing the same. How in the world can this ass clown justify coming back after all the pomp and circumstance when he left just a few months ago ? What an ass clown

GordonGecko, FJF, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i really dont have a problem with the current afternoon team of cmb. i am not sure why everyone seems to hate evan and joe and the afternoon folks.

i will go back to never listening if this tool gets back on the air, in all reality at this point if he comes back fan is pretty much useless to me other than evan and joe. i dont like the yankees, i hate listening to hockey on the radio and i hate that fat tub of lard.

FJF, CBG and matt robinson 17 like this.
  16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

If he came back to kick that insufferable blowhard schmuck Michael Kay's ass, or even take a dime out of Kay's pocket, I'm good with it.

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Evan and Joe are my favorites actually. Too bad they are mid day and can’t listen to them due to my new job.

CBG, Antoni and alleycat9 like this.
  18. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Agreed, also like Joe and Evan but find it hard to listen to them given the time.

I love that Mike Zaun is coming back. His show provides infinite comedy and you can even fade his footbawl picks and make money.

Brook! likes this.
  19. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

He is a tough listen. He is crankier than Francessa. La Greca is good but is taken down by Kaye and Rosenberg. Wish they would pair La Greca with someone good. LaGreca and Kaye were tolerable. With Rosenberg it's can't listen.

Evan and Joe should've gotten the mid-day. I can see where they might not play during drive time because they wear their fandom on their sleeves but its what draws me to them. They say what I think and it is relateable.

Francessa has a spot to talk. He has a following and though he was like Mr. Magoo some of his interviews and opinions were worth listening too. A daily podcast of a few hours would be good for him. Back to the radio not so much. I'll go to national radio and podcasts to get my sports.

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Reports now that he'll be back on the air by next Tuesday. What a joke.

Love how Boomer Esiason is blasting Francesa for how pathetic this is (he spent the first 30 minutes of this morning's show talking about it). Not because I particularly care what he thinks, but I always support anyone talking about what a clown Francesa is. The powers-that-be at FAN look like morons here (although supposedly Francesa went above their heads to come back), and I'm glad one of their own employees isn't afraid to say so.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/25/wfan-morning-show-unloads-on-mike-francesa-return/

alleycat9 likes this.