COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by stinkyB, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Bowl season has become an even bigger joke. We’re watching a bunch of guys that are going to be selling insurance or working at enterprise rent-a-car as all the good players opt out or jump into the transfer portal.

The biggest draws are watching the coaches get dumped with Frosted Flakes or mayo.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they did it to themselves. The government said these athletes can legally make money, fine, but the NCAA idiots opened up the portal, gave out free Covid years and instituted a half-assed playoff on their own

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Bowl games have been dumb for ages. Most of them are consolation games for being mediocre. But fans of shit teams will still brag about winning a "bowl game".

Also, FSU is doing on par with how I thought they would. Overrated as hell.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

4. Jonathan_Vilma

That’s not really fair on any fronts. Bowl games never had the opt outs they have now. Adrian Peterson played against friggain Boise State after he declared and was a shoe-in top ten pick only 15 or so years ago.

On the second front, Florida State is missing their top 4 offensive skill players on offense, their top two QB’s and their entire defensive line. Obviously they’re going to get smoked.

5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

hilariously outclassed

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

They went undefeated playing a weak conference and their our of conference games were not nearly that impressive. Georgia would have wrecked them even if FSU was fully healthy and their players weren't so scared of their stock dropping by being in a game where they get utterly embarrassed.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm NOT a Georgia fan, but they lose one game in over 2 years, then get bounced from the playoff..... they were on a mission to send a message regardless.

I can also see the "protest" by some FSU guys, but unless they're projected to be a 1st round pick, if I'm an NFL GM, love of the game is definitely a trait that's high on my list.... more than times in the underwear olympics

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think it was pretty obvious to everyone that Georgia was one of the top 4 teams. Vegas had them favorite over every single team in the CFP.

9. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I think the only way that the sport can stop bowl opt outs is to put in any NIL contracts that players MUST PLAY if their team qualifies for a bowl game.

If they dont, and its up to the individual player, then that player has to repay any NIL money that he has received.

#89 Leicester Jet, Jan 1, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    Jonathan_Vilma and stinkyB like this.
  10. stinkyB

Daniels not playing today... another game I WAS going to watch....

all these "bowl" games aside from 2 are going to be worthless until the "playoff" system expands. Hopefully then the star players will playout the string in hopes for a championship

11. dawinner127

Ass ending to Michigan Bama. Great game ends in some fugazi overtime. Latham got totally bitched on that last play and ended up tripping Milroe.

12. stinkyB

they shouldve started these games earlier...the 2nd one at 9 on new years was stupid.

Granted we were all pretty hammerred... good times at my buddy's house. Bushel of oysters, crayfish boil, smoked fish dip, and lots of beers.... hurtin today

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

The problem is that the ratings are just fine in these games regardless of who plays. Probably because of gambling.

The NCAA is only going to step in next year if the lower seeds in the 12-team playoffs have a slew of opt outs. And in all honesty I imagine they will. Was Missouri, Penn State or Oklahoma going to win multiple games to win a national championships which would’ve included wins over some of the top teams?

What they need to do is shut down the transfer portal until after the bowl season and push the recruiting commitment dates. It won’t completely fix it but I think it’d help. As soon as the year ends these guys say fuck this shit I’m out. No swag bag at the Reliaquest bowl is changing that.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  14. Leicester Jet

I agree about the transfer portal 100% and there is no logical reason why the portal can't be closed until after the National Championship game

15. stinkyB

Are they? Found myself and my friends basically checking out of most games this year.... granted we dont gamble

16. dawinner127

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ruh roh. Dominoes starting to fall.

18. stinkyB

With Saban leaving, stuff like this isnt too surprising...

19. Leicester Jet

Still waiting for it to happen - I think the BigOrangePunch gives it away.

Just another not very good troll attempt!