MLB David Harris, WR Santonio Holmes and S Eric Smith were all limited in practice this week but are expected to play on Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Harris, who's been nursing a toe injury all week, dressed for practice today and went through individual drills, but as soon as the team portion of practice began, he headed off to the side to work with the strength and conditioning staff. Holmes and Smith both participated in practice during the portion open to the media.
Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis is listed as doubtful and might not suit up on Sunday. Lewis is one of the best in the league, he caught 58 passes for 700 yards, 10 TD last season. Starters CB Derek Cox and DE Aaron Kampman have been ruled out.
Here's the final injury report:
New York Jets
Out: WR Logan Payne (wrist), OL Robert Turner (ankle)
Questionable: LB David Harris (toe), WR Santonio Holmes (knee, quad), S Eric Smith (ankle)
Probable: QB Mark Brunell (calf), WR Plaxico Burress (ankle), DB Marquice Cole (ankle), RB John Conner (ankle), TE Jeff Cumberland (hamstring), DL Marcus Dixon (knee), OT Wayne Hunter (knee), WR Derrick Mason (knee), RB Joe McKnight (finger), DL Sione Pouha (knee, ankle)
Out: CB Derek Cox (chest), DE Aaron Kampman (knee)
Doubtful: WR Jason Hill (hip), TE Marcedes Lewis (calf)
Questionable: DT Tyson Alualu (knee)
- Jaguars have won 6 of past 7 against Jets
- In last game vs. Jets, RB Maurice Jones-Drew rushed for 123 yards on 24 att. (5.1 avg.) with 1 TD
- LB Paul Posluszny has registered 2 of his 4 career INTs vs. Jets
- CB Rashean Mathis has 2 INTs in past 3 against NYJ. Has franchise-record 29 career INTs
- Jets are 6-1 under head coach Rex Ryan in September
- QB Mark Sanchez is 20-12 (.625) as starter. Had 335 passing yards last week, 2nd-most passing yards in career (336 on 11/7/10 vs. Lions)
- WR Santonio Holmes (293) needs 7 receptions to reach 300 career.
- WR Derrick Mason (11,910) needs 90 receiving yards to become 18th player in history to reach 12,000.
- CB Darrelle Revis had 1st INT since 12/13/09 vs. Cowboys.