Rookie NT Kenrick Ellis will start in place of injured DT Mike DeVito who will miss Sunday's game due to a knee injury he suffered last week against the Buffalo Bills. Rookie WR Jeremy Kerley will be back in action returning punts and playing in the slot receiver position. RB LaDainian Tomlinson will be back as well and could also see his role expanded. OL Vlad Ducasse (knee), who was limited in Wednesday and Thursday practice sessions, was a full participant in this morning's session and is listed as "probable."
Here's the final injury report:
New York Jets
Out: DT Mike DeVito (knee)
Probable: OL Vlad Ducasse (knee), DT Marcus Dixon (shoulder), RB Shonn Greene (rib), KR Jeremy Kerley (knee), C Nick Mangold (ankle), LB Calvin Pace (groin), FS Brodney Pool (knee), OG Matt Slauson (knee), RB LaDainian Tomlinson (knee)
Out: SS LaRon Landry (groin)
Questionable: WR Terrence Austin (hamstring), DE Stephen Bowen (knee), LB London Fletcher (ankle), FB Darrell Young (head)
Probable: OT Jammal Brown (hip), WR Jabar Gaffney (foot), S DeJon Gomes (knee), QB Rex Grossman (left shoulder), OG Maurice Hurt (knee), LB Brian Orakpo (ankle), WR Niles Paul (toe), WR Donte Stallworth (foot)
- the Jets are 4-2 on the road in December under Rex Ryan
- RB Shonn Greene (651) needs 116 rush yards to surpass career-best of 766 in ’10
- WR Plaxico Burress is tied for AFC-best with four 4th-quarter TD catches in ’11
- WR Santonio Holmes is averaging 84.3 rec. yards per game in past three games vs. NFC (253 total)
- LB Aaron Maybin had career-high 2 sacks last week & leads team with 5 in ’11
- the Redskins won last 4 games against the Jets
- QB Rex Grossman won only start vs. NYJ (11/19/06 with Chi.) & had 1 TD & 0 INTs.
- WR Jabar Gaffney aims for 3rd home game in row with rec. TD. In past 2 vs. NYJ, has 13 catches for 167 yards (83.5 per game) & TD.
- LB Brian Orakpo has 8.5 sacks in 9 games vs. AFC.
- CB DeAngelo Hall has INT in both meetings vs. NYJ. Had INT last week & has 2+ INTs in all 8 seasons.