NT Kenrick Ellis (knee), NT Sione Po'uha (low back), RB Bilal Powell (shoulder) and S Eric Smith (knee) are all listed as doubtful for the upcoming game against the New England Patriots. Although it's pretty certain that Powell won't suit up on Sunday. WR Clyde Gates (shoulder), C Nick Mangold (ankle), and RB Joe McKnight (ankle) are listed as questionable. Despite being listed as questionable, McKnight missed practice again on Friday and his status will be a game time decision. S LaRon Landry (heel), who missed Thursday's practice, returned to full participation Friday and was listed as probable.
The Patriots are favored by 10.5 points. Click to view some helpful betting tips if you want to bet on NFL.
Here's the final injury report:
New York Jets
Doubtful: NT Kenrick Ellis (knee), NT Sione Po'uha (low back), RB Bilal Powell (shoulder), S Eric Smith (knee)
Questionable: C Nick Mangold (ankle), RB Joe McKnight (ankle), WR Clyde Gates (shoulder)
Probable: S LaRon Landry (heel), WR Stephen Hill (hamstring), TE Dustin Keller (hamstring), WR Jeremy Kerley (finger/illness), OG Brandon Moore (hip), LB Calvin Pace (shoulder), QB Mark Sanchez (low back), LB Bart Scott (toe), OG Matt Slauson (knee), LB Bryan Thomas (hamstring)
The Patriots, meanwhile, have 3 players listed as out: S Steve Gregory (hip), RB Brandon Bolden (knee), and LB Tracy White (foot). TE Aaron Hernandez (ankle) and OG Logan Mankins (calf/hip), who missed Thursday’s practice, returned to practice Friday for a workout in shorts and shells at the team’s indoor facility. They were among 11 players New England listed as questionable. Also listed as questionable were S Patrick Chung (shoulder), WR Julian Edelman (hand), TE Rob Gronkowski (hip), LB Dont’a Hightower (hamstring), OT Sebastian Vollmer (back/knee) and WR Wes Welker (ankle).
- In past 2 at NE (incl. postseason), QB Mark Sanchez has passed for 360 yards with 5 TDs vs. 0 INTs & 116.5 rating. The Jets have 9-2 record when Sanchez has 100+ passer rating.
- WR Jeremy Kerley averages 17.5 yards per catch in ’12 (18 receptions, 315 yards)
- CB Antonio Cromartie has INT in each of past 2 games. Since ’07, Cromartie is tied for 4th in NFL with 25 INTs
- New England aims for 10th straight win at home vs. AFC East
- QB Tom Brady has 16-5 (.762) career record vs. NYJ (incl. postseason)
- TE Rob Gronkowski had 8 rec. for 113 yards with 2 TDs in last game vs. Jets